Employment & Immigration
In order to implement long-term business objectives successfully, it is critical to manage employee relations smoothly, effectively and professionally. Frequent legislative amendments and complex policies make managing employee relations and compliance with employment law challenging for businesses. Thus, we advise businesses to make proper decisions in the areas of Employment Law and Human Resources.
Individual employment law
Companies are seeking guidance on a range of day-to-day employee management policies, procedures and protocols to help their businesses operate smoothly. This task has become increasingly complex in today’s globalized environment in which employees can be located all over the world. Businesses must comply with differing legislative and regulatory requirements, cultural norms and expectations. Deloitte Legal assists companies in the following areas:
- Employment contracts and engagement letters
- Employee performance including disciplinary action, contract suspension, contract modifications, and transfers
- Employee discrimination and harassment issues
- Internal procedural manuals and codes of conduct
Deloitte Legal helps companies to manage employee risk efficiently and to proactively establish and adhere to prudent HR policies. Our employment lawyers have strong experience both locally and throughout the world. Deloitte’s global reach stands apart. Deloitte Legal lawyers team with Deloitte business professionals in tax and human capital consulting to deliver well rounded guidance to companies.
Relationships with worker representative bodies
Regular and open dialogue with worker representative bodies is important to ensure the smooth operation of a business. When organizations need to make changes impacting current working conditions and the individual or collective status of company employees, it is important to have accurate knowledge of the rights and obligations of both the organization and its employees. Deloitte Legal works with businesses on issues relating to:
- Worker representation ― setting up of the workers representative bodies, collective negotiation, management of the worker representatives and trade unions, understanding of rights and obligations
- Collective bargaining ― establishing and negotiating agreements
- Strategic changes impacting employees ― guidance and advice on how businesses can approach strategic change on a national and international level
- Health and safety regulatory matters
Deloitte Legal helps companies to understand their obligations in various countries in which they operate and to proactively manage interactions with worker representative bodies.
Mobility and immigration
For companies with global operations, employee mobility is often a key component of their strategic plans. Businesses need to organize and coordinate international transfers of employees including material needs, remuneration and legal matters, quickly and in a cost-effective manner. Deloitte Legal assists businesses with:
- Design of international mobility policies
- Drafting of international work agreement and assignment letters
- Advice on social security coverage
- Design of expatriate employee remuneration
- Issues related to repatriation and termination of assignments
- Immigration law :
- Relocation of employees
- Hiring foreign employees including assistance in obtaining visas, work permits, entry clearances, residence requirements and citizenship
- Representation before local immigration authorities
Deloitte Legal lawyers work closely with Deloitte colleagues in tax and human capital consulting to bring businesses the guidance they need to make and implement informed business decisions. Deloitte stands apart in the global mobility space in terms of capabilities and worldwide reach.