Inside Magazine - Issue 5
CEOs & CFOs - June 2014
This new edition of Inside is dedicated to the roles played by CEOs and CFOs in today’s world and draws our attention to some of the current hot topics that have a significant impact on all organisations.
This issue focuses on the financial services industry: retail banking, private banking and the investment management industry are all at a crossroads in their history as the financial crisis has challenged them to reinvent the way they do business.
The articles included in this edition of Inside reflect a wide variety of viewpoints from senior industry professionals. These esteemed contributors include for instance Dominique Senequier, CEO of Ardian, who sheds light on current trends in the private equity industry, as well as Bansi Nagji and Geoffrey Tuff, leaders of the Doblin Innovation Practice of Monitor Deloitte, who share their thoughts on innovation. Their interview illustrates that being innovative is a must for continued success in today’s world and one of the key takeaways from this issue.
This edition also covers other exciting topics such as the current rebound in M&A markets and how an effective post-merger integration strategy is critical to ensure that these transactions deliver on their promises. Finally, we also address some of the recent regulatory changes in the financial industry as well as some of the innovative responses we have seen.
In this issue
Adding innovation to the CFO’s agenda. CFO insights - Realigning your portfolio for growth. From private banking to wealth management - Challenges and opportunities.
This edition includes the following articles:
- Q&A with Dominique Senequier, Chief Executive Officer of Ardian
- Adding innovation to the CFO’s agenda
- CFO insights - Realigning your portfolio for growth
- From private banking to wealth management - Challenges and opportunities
- Sustainable model for the future - Business Process Outsourcing
- M&A and restructuring trends in the Swiss private banking industry
- Outsourcing trends and risk implications
- Setting up a banking institution in Luxembourg
- How to maximise value creation during the M&A process?
- Intelligent concentration of technology as a prerequisite for strategic differentiation
- Profit increase via improved service and sales effectiveness - Increased front office efficiency
- Towards transparency and freedom of choice - An unbundled pricing model for retail banks
- Joining the dots of the new regulatory framework for a better understanding of the new securities infrastructure landscape
- MiFID II - From a compliance to a business challenge
- Optimisation under regulatory constraints - KPIs and dashboard
- CFO insights - Dashboards and key performance indicators as the link between strategy and execution
- The forces at work in the Trust & Corporate Services sector and their impact on M&A activity
- Improving international tax rules - Stop or try again?
- Executive compensation - The call for a change in mindset and practices
- Evaluating IT - A CFO’s perspective