AIFMD Reporting services has been saved
AIFMD Reporting services
- AIFMD reporting context and key issues
- AIFMD reporting main challenges
- Flexible solution for AIFMD reporting
AIFMD reporting context and key issues
Following the transposition of AIFMD by European Member States, AIFMs have reporting obligations regarding the AIFs
they manage and operate.
The reporting templates were defined by the European Securities and Markets Authority (“ESMA”) under the articles 24(1), 24(2), 24(4) and 3(3)(d) of the Directive.
AIFMD reporting entered the regulatory landscape as a means to standardize the information disclosed to regulators and to provide transparency to the alternative investment industry. The reports aim to capture the complexity of various portfolios driven by different investment strategies.
Attempting to provide a full picture of the risks taken by the investment vehicles, the reports require the computation of risk figures, operational data as well as legal information.
Since the enforcement of the Directive, some areas have been clarified. However, it still require expert interpretation for transposition.
AIFMD reporting main challenges
The market has highlighted issues with:
- Risk Implication – Dedicated Risk: Managers to compute or review all risk related fields of the AIFMD reports
- Operational Risk: Large number of enrichments and data manipulation are to be performed on the data which leads to processing errors
- Coordination with many Stakeholders: The reports require information from various sources. Consequently, the number of stakeholders can be significant
- Data Management: Information is to be collected from multiple data sources with a strong emphasis on quality
- Dissemination to Regulators: Unclear or complex technical requirements. Regarding non-EU AIFMs, coordination of the dissemination to multiple regulators
- Monitoring: The complexity of the production process and the strict deadlines create a strong
Deloitte has deeply monitored the evolution of the AIFM Directive since its initial publication in 2011. This allows us to provide solutions veering each aspect of AIFMD reporting.
Deloitte’s AIFMD reporting factory is designed for maximum automation of the reports creation to allow our experts to focus on the important aspects of the content.
We offer a flexible solution for AIFMD reporting based around the following services: