Life at Deloitte
What is audit?
External audit services mainly consist in certifying an entity’s financial statements and providing assessments of internal control procedures.
Our audit services go beyond merely meeting statutory requirements. We help our clients perform better. We listen to their needs, think about the business implications, and tailor our approach accordingly.
What will you be doing?
Auditors’ responsibilities include:
- Provide an independent opinion on financial information issued to third parties
- Assist our clients in improving their procedures and overall business performance
- Develop numerous innovative tools and techniques to perform value-added audits
To leverage our professionals' skills and time, our practice uses a dedicated software, which supports all phases of the audit process, from planning to execution to reporting.
Individuals will have the ability to utilise their business knowledge, understand technology and comply with set methodologies.
How are we organised?
The audit department is organised to regroup our talents by expertise in order to enhance knowledge sharing and talent management.
The expertise areas are:
- Banks, investment funds, financial sector professionals
- Commercial, industrial & public sector, Technology, Media & Telecommunications, Life Sciences & Healthcare, European institutions, financial structures
- Insurance, reinsurance, securitisation
- Private equity and real estate
The audit department frequently interacts with other departments such as consulting (internal audit, IT audit and other risk management engagements) and tax (tax compliance, VAT). These links enable audit staff to participate in other types of engagement and therefore developing additional knowledge.