Offshore restructuring services
Corporate groups with a multi‑jurisdictional presence face specific challenges in dealing with different legislative and regulatory requirements. Deloitte’s Offshore Restructuring Services team work together to provide you with local expertise and a seamless cross‑border service.
We specialise in solvent wind‑downs and exits, assisting clients in simplifying entity structures, extracting capital and eliminating unwanted entities.
We have helped clients:
- with cumbersome corporate structures containing inactive companies, acquired through M&A activity or organic growth
- under pressure to reduce operating costs, with dormant and redundant companies accruing holding costs and draining senior management time
- facing questions from stakeholders or regulators as to the purpose and value of their unproductive entities
- with trapped capital within the business and looking to consolidate the range of jurisdictions or market segments in which they operate
- where an overseas parent wants to close a local operating company
- Wind down of complex multi jurisdictional structures that have reached the end of their life
- acting as liquidators and project co‑ordinators
- managing efficiently an orderly and fully compliant winding up to maximise shareholder return
- restructuring fixed life vehicles
- providing project management of the managed exit, using the office of liquidator to assume responsibility for freeing up management time
- Awareness and mitigation of potential tax and regulatory consequences on closure or restructuring
Restructuring & Insolvency
Our Offshore Restructuring Services team offers a full range of debtor and creditor advisory services as well as jurisdictional specialist insolvency appointment‑takers.
Our single firm approach is particularly advantageous where:
- There are complex, multi‑jurisdictional group structures, operations or financing arrangements requiring the management of a variety of international stakeholders.
- The use of statutory investigation and asset recovery powers available to liquidators can assist in tracing and realising assets identified or suspected of being diverted through fraud or other forms of misappropriation.
- Expertise with differing regulatory requirements (for example, in relation to end of life funds) is required to ensure the smooth and efficient wind down of regulated entities.
Download our brochure to see the full services with case studies.