Highly customized transaction services
We provide due diligence services to a wide range of corporate and private equity clients. Our situational expertise is complemented by industry and functional experts from across Deloitte, to ensure our clients receive a seamless and flexible service for their transaction process.
- How we can help
- Acquisition due diligence
- Vendor due diligence
- Vendor assistance
- Commercial due diligence
How we can help
Our services normally go hand-in-hand with a managed sale process and controlled data room access.
We will work with you to agree the scope of work, pulling in expertise as required from our wide range of specialists in the business (tax, operational, commercial, strategic, pensions, IT etc.).
Acquisition due diligence
Acquisition due diligence provides a prospective purchaser with objective information about the target and assesses the risks of the anticipated transaction. The results of our analysis may therefore support the purchaser in negotiations with the target and adjusting the proposed purchase price.
Vendor due diligence
Our team is involved at the initial stage of the sale process to help you achieve a fully priced and clean exit.
We also provide support through the transaction process, working closely with our clients’ other advisors (for example, in relation to the sale and purchase agreements) to protect value and manage risk. We recommend commercial and contractual remedies to challenges identified during the vendor due diligence process.
We can help ensure that your vendor due diligence reports provide a consistent sales message, whilst maintaining a robust and independent view which will instil confidence in the potential buyers.
Deloitte offers clients a wide range of value-added services to support corporate and private equity clients in their sale process. We have developed a vendor assistance service that mitigates potential impediments to the sale whilst de-risking and shortening the transaction process. This can be a precursor to a vendor due diligence depending on the specific circumstances of the transaction.
We provide value-added services, including:
- Accounting advisory services
- Separation and carve-out
- Preparation of data books
- Data room support
- Operational and commercial reviews
- Advice on defined benefit plans
- Project management
- Risk review
- Sale and purchase agreement advice
- Tax vendor assistance
- Vendor modelling
Commercial due diligence
Deloitte provides highly customized commercial transaction services to both corporate and private equity clients.
Our rigorous methodology can investigate the following areas:
- Industry status quo and trends
- Market environment
- Company capabilities
- Competitive landscape
- Likelihood of achieving projections
Operational due diligence
Our team combines extensive operational restructuring and performance improvement expertise to deliver insight regarding operational risk and potential opportunities in due diligence engagements.
We are able to:
- Develop an understanding of the composition and nature of the target’s cost base and operational capability (including areas of IT)
- Review and evaluate forecast cost reduction plans, including restructuring plans, synergy reviews and bid defence plans
- Review and evaluate operational risks within a business, for example the carve-out of a division from a parent company or the deliverability of a major cost reduction programme
- Identify opportunities for further cost reduction and assist in the development of performance improvement plans
- In partnership with our Post Merger Integration team, develop plans for early ownership/ first 100 days to leverage change momentum in realizing value enhancing operational benefits