The future of asset management
Davids and Goliaths?
Starting with the facts, 2013 looks like it will turn out to be a very good year for the asset management sector. Assets under Management (AuM) are growing once again and are in fact at an all-time high.
- The industry has picked up once again and at first sight it seems that the 'Goliaths' of the industry are taking advantage of the after-crisis situation
- Asset management is a very dynamic industry and although funds outnumber equities, few actually beat the index
- Five drivers push boutique success forward in comparisonto other markets trends: talent, performance, reputation, distribution and differentiation
- Boutiques fight back through the creation of the Group of Boutiques Asset Managers (GBAM), recently launched in Abadia Retuerta, Spain
- At the end of the day, talent is what really matters
Performance issue 12 - September 2013
Performance is a triannual digest, dedicated to investment management professionals, which brings you the latest articles, news and market developments from Deloitte’s professionals and clients.