Global tax and investor reporting
A changing landscape
External forces, including investor expectations, global regulation and increasing attention from tax examiners, paired with internal pressures, are driving the need and desire for operational change in the industry, posing clear challenges to in-house tax teams and service providers alike.
- Rapid expansion of the asset management industry may stretch capacity
- Increased regulatory scrutiny raises the stakes on asset managers’ reputational risk
- Growth will likely come from increasingly complex products to accommodate diverse investors and investments
- Global expansion may provide new opportunities and challenges
- A desire for change is evident in asset management tax departments
- Improvement and innovation of investor reporting will likely continue to be a top priority
Performance issue 14 – May 2014
Performance is a triannual digest, dedicated to investment management professionals, which brings you the latest articles, news and market developments from Deloitte’s professionals and clients.