Mauritius - An outsourcing jurisdiction in the Indian Ocean
As fund managers continue to face margin pressures, outsourcing fund accounting and administration to Mauritius can be an attractive alternative.
The financial crisis has accentuated the outsourcing of non-core activities in the investment management industry to contain costs.
Although outsourcing is a complex and controversial issue, Mauritius has established itself as an emerging business process outsourcing destination for fund managers as it provides numerous advantages:
- Political and economic stability
- Financial regulation based on international best practice standards
- Attractive fiscal regime
- Competitive staff and operating costs
- Convenient time zone (GMT +4)
- Qualified and bilingual professionals