Performance magazine has been saved
Triannual digest for investment management professionals
Performance brings you the latest articles, news and market developments from Deloitte’s professionals and clients.
Performance issue 32, May 2020
- The 2020 investment management industry concussion
Lessons learnt from the COVID-19 crisis for the investment management industry
- Advancing environmental, social, and governance investing
A holistic approach for investment management firms
- New horizons for ETFS
Regulatory change opens doors for all exchange-traded funds including active nontransparent ETFs
- Righting the ship
Transforming active equity in a competitive world
- Managing investment costs and aligning interests
An article written by Kim Bowater, Director of Consulting Frontier Advisors
- Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®) 2020
A new impetus for GIPS standards
- Art & Wealth Management
Creating a personal and emotional connection with clients through passion-related wealth
- 53 pages for 45 Questions
Deloitte Luxembourg’s 2020 Cross-Border Fund Distribution Conference explored the future of the asset management industry and what opportunities the next decade will hold
- Sustainability corner
EU Green Bonds according to the EU
Performance issue 31, January 2020
- Value-Added Services (VAS) is the new banking battlefield
- Data sharing in financial services
Five techniques to enhance privacy and confidentiality
- An interview with Blackstone’s head of Real Estate Europe
- Shareholders’ Rights regulation
The undercover game changer
- Industry interested in technological development
Deloitte European Operations & Technology Survey
- PRIIPs & MiFID 2 transaction costs for funds
Behind the scene of the drama
- The Italian asset management sector
An attractive market
- Building a robust model risk management framework in financial institutions
- Asset management disrupted
Unlocking the potential of artificial intelligence in fixed income investing
Performance issue 30, September 2019
- 2019 Investment Management Outlook: Mid-Year Review
- Managing M&A Integration
A guide for investment and wealth managers
- Engaging the whole firm
Improving client experience in institutional and wholesale investment management
- The future of the asset management industry
- Artifical intelligence
The next frontier for investment management firms
- Amundi - Pioneer
The recipe for a successful integration process
- India Budget 2019 brings some gain, some pain for foreign investors
- Distribution 2.0
How technology will redefine relationship with asset management clients
- A financial frontier:
Opportunity from the East
Performance issue 29, May 2019
- Rethinking reward strategies
- PIR light and shadow
- Looking to the future
- Mastering the art of ESG data
- Focus on your strengths, white label the rest
- The Placement Agent's View
- Wealth managers at a crossroads
- Digitizing investment suitability
- Just another day at the (middle) office?
- Liquidity risk management - a look at the tools available
- If you think investment managers have flown under the Australian Royal Commission radar, think again
- The investment revolution?
What will asset management look life in the future?
Performance issue 28, January 2019
- What lies ahead for the Indian investment market?
Interview with Mr. Ashwini Agarwalm, Portfolio Manager and Designated Partner of Ashmore India.
- Foreign portfolio investment in India
- Doors opening for FPIs in India
Interview with Aditya Sharma Director, Head of Prime, Futures & Securities Services, Citi South Asia.
- Implementation of General Anti-Avoidance Rule in Indian tax law
- The investment fund industry
The latest trends in a dynamic market
- ESG: shaping the new normal for active managers
- The new benchmark rate for euro transactions
Here comes "ESTER"
- A physically, mentally, and financially demanding endeavor
The athlete's lifecycle
- FinSA and FinlA and their impact on independent asset management in Switzerland
The (partial) beginning of a new area
Performance issue 27, September 2018
- Recent Dynamics of Private Securities Investment Funds in China
- "Chinese-style" regulatory enforcement Essence and trajectory
- Where finance meets industry
- Equity bridge financing Reaping the benefits of liquidity and flexibility
- The EU benchmark Regulation: Users be cautious
- Green finance moving ahead to sustainable
- Regulation as new standalone business line
- European hedge fund managers' views on their prime brokerage relationships
Performance issue 26, May 2018
- Technology is here to help not hurt financial advisers
Interview with Eugene Maree, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Wealthport
- Automated financial advice in South Africa
- Unlocking the potential of the “Africa Rising” narrative through private equity
- An overview of the private funds industry in China
- The new era of delegate oversight
- Investment Management Risk: 2017 Deloitte Survey
Shedding light on South African risk management trends
- The evolution of the management company and third-party providers
- The impact of new technology on fund distribution in Europe
Insights from Pierre Davoust and fellow asset managers
Performance issue 25, January 2018
- Interview: The asset management industry
Yves Perrier Chief Executive Officer at Amundi
- What has become of French boutiques?
French third-party management accompanying the "French boutiques" boom
- A new world for real estate investors
As the world changes, progressive real estate asset managers are discovering new opportunities
- Breathing a new life into investment taxation
The French Finance Nill 2018
- Insurance Distribution Directive
2018: a challenging year for the European insurance sector
- Brexit bill
Will transitioning to a new structure create tax cost?
- International Investment Disclosure Trends
The dawn of the fully transparent era
Performance issue 24, September 2017
In this edition of Performance Magazine we take a trip down under to Australia, home of kangaroos, koala bears, and a AU$2.7 trillion wealth management industry.
Performance issue 23, May 2017
In this edition of Performance Magazine, we reflect the global nature of the investment industry.
Performance issue 22, January 2017
In this edition of Performance Magazine, we thought it would be interesting to take a closer look at some of the issues facing a sub-sector of the industry—the alternatives sector.
Performance issue 21, September 2016
Southeast Asia is made up of ten countries with different languages, cultures, political environments, and levels of economic development.
Performance issue 20, May 2016
The fall in oil prices, regional conflicts, the easing of Iranian sanctions and slowdown in key emerging markets, have certainly continued to keep the Middle East in the spotlight.
Performance issue 19, January 2016
The financial services sector in Europe is presently facing a number of challenges. On the one hand, current ECB policies are causing a flood of liquidity on the market, as well as historically low interest rates, combined with the associated downward pressure on asset managers’ margins.
Performance issue 18, September 2015
Asset Management – a Profession with Identity
We speak, and analyse and work a lot with the term asset management – sometimes investment management (is there a difference and if so which?) –
Performance issue 17, May 2015
Investment management and its related markets are being disrupted at an alarming rate. Digital technology and innovation are creating significant opportunities for the industry.
Performance issue 16, January 2015
The GPIF and the future of the Japanese equity market.
Performance issue 15, September 2014
Global tax and investor reporting. With ever-growing investor demand for new and innovative offerings, the Asset Management industry is expanding rapidly in both size and complexity.
Performance issue 14, May 2014
How can fund managers assess cyber security threats? The increased number of reported cyber attacks on businesses and the evolving nature of the breaches have led many fund managers to reevaluate their cyber security strategies, particularly with regard to preventive protocols and timely responses.
Performance issue 13, January 2014
The future of asset management in Switzerland. At the time of writing this article, a second Swiss bank had just decided to give up its business in the wake of the U.S. tax investigation.
Performance issue 12, September 2013
Now is the time for asset managers to redesign their global operating model. The future of asset management - Davids and Goliaths? Power law investing.
Performance issue 11, May 2013
Optimisation of the trade management cycle in the investment industry. Investment Funds' performance and Financial Transactions Tax. AIFMD Remuneration.
Performance issue 10, January 2013
Refining the target operating model. Real estate senior debt funds. Recent asset management regulatory changes in China.
Performance issue 9, September 2012
Social media - A splendid opportunity for fund promoters and asset managers. Art-secured lending - Unlocking the liquidity of your clients' art collections.
Performance issue 8, May 2012
Post-crisis asset management environment. Challenges and opportunities in financial inclusion. The AIFMD for fund service providers.
Performance issue 7, January 2012
Fund analytics, regulatory requirement or business opportunity? New tax reporting requirements for foreign investment funds distributed in Italy.
Performance issue 6, September 2011
The impacts of regulatory changes on asset management operating models, Added value brought to the asset management industry by cross sub-funds investment techniques, Asset management in a post-crisis environment, etc.
Performance issue 5, May 2011
Challenges and opportunities for alternative and long-only asset servicing platforms. Fund administration survey 2010/2011. Liability Driven Investment: a simple approach to a complex problem.
Performance issue 4, January 2011
Marketing financial products towards increased client protection and harmonisation of practices. The evolving private equity market in China. Why should art be considered as an asset class?
Performance issue 3, September 2010
Challenges and opportunities for traditional active investment managers in a polarising market. M&As in the Spanish asset management industry. UCITS IV - The tax agenda. UCITS IV and the KII, a new chapter in cross-border distribution.
Performance issue 2, April 2010
A short summary of cross border distribution of collective investment schemes in the US. The introduction of an extended Qualified Intermediary program. ETF - A trillion dollar baby. Current securities lending market themes. UCITS: the battle for Asia.
Performance issue 1, December 2009
Hedge funds lite. Islamic finance in a nutshell Life settlement. New fiscal requirements for offshore funds in the UK. UCITS IV management companies. The 10-minute fund sales agreement 28 Non retail offshore funds.