Fund registration services has been saved
Fund registration services
Your ticket to access cross-border markets
Deloitte provides a global and efficient fund registration solution to support your cross-border distribution ambition.
We can help you master the high complexity of requirements in a multi-jurisdictional environment with a service that fits seamlessly into your organization’s setup.
Read on below for a service description.
As every year, we have co-organized Luxembourg’s prime event on anything cross-border, the Cross-Border Distribution Conference. You can get some impressions on 2020’s exciting edition in the video below:
Cross-Border Distribution Conference 2020
Cross-border distribution goes beyond a simple registration process. It encompasses distribution of Undertakings for Collective Investments in Transferable Securities (UCITS) and other UCI’s alike, the activating of retail and wholesale channels by private placement, as well as facilitating public offering.
The UCITS Directive offered the opportunity to fund promoters and significantly reduce the time-to-market of their UCITS vehicles in Europe.
The key components of any cross border distribution according to current regulations are the simplified notification process and the handling of the Key Investor Information Document (KIID) and the Key Information Document (KID) respectively.
The streamlined management of these components creates possibilities and those parties that manage to take advantage of these possibilities accelerate their time-to-market and gain an edge in a fiercely competitive global context.
The Alternative Investment Managers Directive (AIFMD) is potentially one of the most far-reaching legislative initiatives undertaken by the European Union in the field of investment services.
It provides the framework within the internal market for the cross-border distribution of Alternative Investment Funds, based on the notion of the passporting of the alternative investment manager itself, in offering in multiple jurisdictions the alternative products under management.
The challenges are in meeting host and home member state requirements, articulating those subtleties back to relevant third party countries and in understanding all the attendant requirements in regards to marketing and distribution.
- To be able to access the right markets as quickly as possible
- Optimize cost management around all factors of fund distribution
- Industrialize and streamline the fund distribution process
- Ensure a smooth process across all parties from fund launch to maintenance
- Keep on top of on-going regulatory changes across all distribution markets
- Minimize input to allow focus on core activities and decisions
- Quick turn-around time
- Fully managed service coupled with industrial strength processes and technology
- Central point of contact and liaison between client and local regulatory authorities in target markets, and with third party service providers
- A large local pool of over 80 regulatory experts
- Carefully selected and proven relationships with external professionals in the markets
- A regulatory watch service to keep you informed about regulatory changes, along with our dedicated RegInsights app (we currently monitor ~70 countries)
- Coordination of prospectus changes and advisory on compliance with regulatory reporting obligations
- Excellence in execution coupled with regulatory awareness
- Outsourcing of statistical regulatory reporting
Our service proposition is a combination of strong processes and Regulatory Intelligence. This shows for example in our expertise around fund distribution trends – we have recently published a report around the opportunities in the Asian markets. We are furthermore able to provide you with tailored information around initiatives such as the Asian Region Fund Passport. Here are a few facts:
- A region-wide initiative to facilitate the cross border marketing of funds across participating countries
- It will enable cross-border offerings of funds to retail investors after a simple application to the host country
- The ARFP is live from 1 February 2019 and Japan, Thailand, Australia and New Zealand are ready to receive applications
- South Korea is currently in the process of amending their laws, while Singapore is closely observing the developments
Get in touch to learn how we can help you take advantage of these developments!