The future unmasked has been saved
The future unmasked
Predicting the future of healthcare and life sciences in 2025
What does the future hold for the life sciences and healthcare industry? Our latest predictions report looks ahead to the year 2025 to help you see what’s coming and to keep your organisation moving forward.
Each prediction is brought to life through snapshots of how patients, healthcare and life science companies and their staff might behave and operate in this new world. We explore the major trends and the key constraints to be overcome; and identify the evidence today to predict how near that future might be.
This year, inevitably, our predictions have been informed by the unparalleled impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on society in general and more specifically on how people perceive health risks. We have seen a new public appreciation of the contribution that healthcare and life sciences companies are making to each countries response and how these companies are paving the way for a new era of collaboration to identify and implement solutions. A key stand out has been the huge acceleration in the pace and scale of technology-enabled transformation across the whole health ecosystem.
Explore the individual predictions below to learn more
- Prediction 1: From health(care) to healthy ageing
- Prediction 2: Better public health drives better productivity
- Prediction 3: Clinicians are empowered by diagnostic and treatment paradigms
- Prediction 4: The who, what and where of work rearchitected
- Prediction 5: Care is designed around people not place
- Prediction 6: Medtech and the IOMT are crucial drivers of value-based care
- Prediction 7: Companies have reversed the decline in the returns from pharma R&D
- Prediction 8: Next generation supply chains are integrated into healthcare and the patient experience
- Prediction 9: Healthcare and life sciences companies have prioritised decarbonisation
- Prediction 10: Clusters of trusted partnerships have accelerated innovation