Global risk management survey, 10th edition has been saved
Global risk management survey, 10th edition
Heightened uncertainty signals new challenges ahead
Deloitte’s Global risk management survey, 10th edition assesses the industry’s risk management practices and the challenges it faces in this turbulent period. It includes responses from 77 financial services institutions around the world.
While many organizations continue to enhance their risk management practices worldwide, Deloitte 10th edition of Global risk management survey revealed that leaders are focused on the regulatory impact of recent geopolitical shifts and questioning what’s coming next.
This 10th edition survey assesses the industry’s risk management practices and the challenges it faces in this turbulent period. It includes responses from 77 financial services institutions around the world that conduct busi¬ness in a range of financial sections and with aggregate assets of US$13.6 trillion.
The survey findings are based on the responses of 77 financial institutions from around the world and across multiple financial services sectors, representing a total of $13.6 trillion in aggregate assets.
In today’s financial services environment risk management is becoming more important than ever; financial institutions confront a variety of trends that have introduced greater uncertainty than ever before into the future direction of the business and regulatory environment:
- Economic conditions may continue to be weak, with historically low interest rates
- The UK referendum to leave the EU, coupled with US President Donald Trump’s pledge to renegotiate trade agreements, raise the possibility that trade volumes may decline
- The continual increase in regulatory requirements may abate or even be reversed in 2017
- Strategic risk is increasing as entrepreneurial fintech players are competing with traditional firms in many sectors
- Cyber risk continues to grow as a threat, and is attracting greater regulatory attention
This survey covers the below topics:
- Economic and business environment
- Risk governance
- Enterprise risk management
- Economic capital
- Stress testing
- Sectors spotlight: Banking, Insurance, Investment management
- Management of key risks
- Risk management information systems and technology