I.M. Deloitte Tax Matrix
Tax Intelligence meets Technology
The I.M. Deloitte Tax Matrix is an online database featuring tax rates and information for selected UK, Luxembourg, France and Irish fund vehicles investing in 50 jurisdictions worldwide.
Deloitte has developed a Tax Matrix to provide a high level overview of tax issues in relation to the investments done by investment funds in multiple countries of investment.
Investment funds are subject to different tax regimes, tax proceedures and other requirements which can be very sophisticated and complex to follow.
In the fast evolving environment within the cross border investment fund industry, your main challenge is to:
- Identify tax market practice and procedural requirement in the country of investment;
- Compare tax competitiveness of fund vehicles in a number of jurisdictions;
- Identify which type of vehicle is the most beneficial for a specific country of investment;
- Identify tax opportunities in the countries of investment (withholding tax, capital gains, stamp duties, etc.).
The tax matrix can be used to identify and manage potential tax risks in relation to the products and countries covered and is updated regularly to keep you up to speed with changes to tax rates and practice.
The I.M. Deloitte Tax Matrix is a tailor made tool, providing a high level overview of relevant tax aspects applicable to your organisation and your clients across multiple jurisdictions. The I.M. Deloitte Tax Matrix can be adapted to cover a combination of investment funds investing into up to 50 countries of investment and the tax consequences of the investment in each market.
This tool can, in practice, be used in the context of:
- Analysing taxation rules for investors investing in funds and other financial products and which product types are most tax efficient;
- Comparing tax competitiveness of fund vehicles in a number of jurisdictions;
- Identifying tax opportunities in the countries of investment for specific income types;
- Identifying the most up-to-date domestic and international tax rates;
- Establishing whether a fund can obtain access to a Double Tax Treaty;
- Obtaining the latest tax alerts relevant to your specific circumstances.
The I.M. Deloitte Tax Matrix can be perfectly adapted to your specific needs and provide as much or as little information as you need in relation to:
- Type and quantity of funds to be covered;
- Type of income or other tax information to be covered;
- Countries of investment to be covered;
- Amount of users.
How can we help?
The I.M. Deloitte Tax Matrix is a tailor made to your needs, providing a high level overview of relevant tax aspects applicable to your organisation and your clients across multiple jurisdictions. The I.M. Deloitte Tax Matrix can be adapted to cover any combination of investment funds investing into up to 50 countries of investment and the tax consequences of the investment in each market.
The I.M. Deloitte Tax Matrix provides you with the following benefits:
- Consoldiated Information Source;
- Risk Control;
- Confidence in the data;
- Support from your local and international contacts.
We understand the issues that the industry faces and the costs incurred when something goes wrong.
As a result, we have liaised with our local experts so you can have direct access to their knowledge. This knowledge is given added value by market practice and procedural information, resulting in our clients having the best possible knowledge before making an investment decision. Local information is incredibly important, especially given that local taxes have a direct impact on the fund performance and ultimately on the investors’ return.
With so many regulatory regimes, it is important to have a clear definition of the regimes in place so that our clients can establish what effect this may have on investment decisions. The I.M. Deloitte Tax Matrix provides extensive definitions so that you can be sure that what is being discussed is relevant to their needs.
The added value that Deloitte brings to the I.M. Deloitte Tax Matrix goes even beyond this. Our team of investment management tax experts, who understand the dynamics of the industry, are available to assist the clients. In conjunction with our network of over 50 local GFSI teams, it is clear that the support we offer is second to none.
The I.M. Deloitte Tax Matrix is available 24/7, it is live and up-to-date, and it is specifically what you need when requiring investment information in a matter of seconds.