IT effectiveness survey 2015
Focused on financial services
The current post-crisis environment is placing CIOs under high pressure to deliver more with less. It is therefore crucial for them not only to run their business efficiently but also to focus on the right areas for supporting the growth of their enterprise.
In this context, Deloitte Luxembourg decided to organize the IT Effectiveness Survey to provide local CIOs with a way to compare themselves with their peers in terms of efficiency and effectiveness. This first edition of the survey targeted banks and involved 13 participants, whose results can be divided into the following major sectors:
- Universal banking
- Asset servicing
- Private banking
The survey focused on five main areas:
- IT cost provides insights into IT expenditures: is the IT budget spent effectively? How much is spent on change vs. run? What are CIOs’ priorities in terms of capital spending?
- IT business relationship looks at the effectiveness of the relationship between IT and the business. How do CIOs ensure alignment? How mature are the processes to ensure an effective and satisfactory relationship?
- IT processes and governance provides a view on the maturity of IT departments in the key areas in which they typically operate from a process, tool, and governance standpoint
- IT organization structure explores how IT performance is measured and how services are shared or outsourced
- IT talent explores whether IT departments have the right people with the right competencies to support the business and whether there are any major gaps in roles and skills
Inside magazine issue 10, October 2015
Inside is Deloitte’s quarterly magazine offering an exclusive insight into best practices, trends and opportunities faced by our clients across all industries.
Inside focuses on the main hot topics relevant for the market (Asset management, Banking, Insurance, Public sector, Healthcare, Private equity, Real estate, TMT, Manufacturing and consumer business, Transport and logistics).