Business Planning and Turnaround
Advising corporates to efficiently plan future capital requirements and retain shareholder value, by assessing whether to optimise performance, support implementation of turnaround initiatives or to support a transaction.
Operational and financial challenges
A clearly articulated view of future strategy and forecast performance is needed to enable you to anticipate and capitalise on opportunities or identify and mitigate the risks that may lie ahead.
- Is there a lack of robust visibility of future cash flows, financial headroom or future compliance with debt covenants?
- Are strategic decisions based primarily on intuition? Would you rather rely on robust quantitative support and analyse your options?
- You may have underperforming business units that require a turnaround strategy. Do your financial planning and budget models offer flexibility to adapt?
- Are your budgets linked to a long term business plan forecast or is there a lack of monitoring and ownership with respect to business plan outcomes?
How can we help?
We assist companies in reviewing, developing or improving business plans and the supporting financial models. This may be to support a turnaround, or to improve financial and operational performance ahead of a transaction such as a financial restructuring, refinancing or acquisition.
- Reviewing and/or improving existing business planning processes and underlying financial plans and assumptions
- Developing and quantifying strategic and performance turnaround initiatives, ahead of or during implementation
- Provide a clearer view on future cash flows and financial headroom through the preparation of forecasts and liquidity planning templates based on robust operating and financial assumptions
- Support with the monitoring of business plan outcomes and actions by integrating financial business and turnaround planning with budget and management reporting