Deloitte GCC Powers of Construction 2016
The funding equation
Issued annually, the Deloitte Middle East Powers of Construction report serves as a comprehensive review of the construction industry for leaders. This year, the new economic reality of lower oil prices will constrain the amount of funding available to regional governments that will have to make tough choices such as cuts in public spending and the introduction of structural reforms.
Spending in the region will need to be better prioritized in order to ensure it meets social and economic development. Governments will have to seek for the private sector involvement, innovate and find alternative funding sources to fund their project requirements.
Using experience gained through working with the region’s leading organizations, who are delivering this agenda, this year’s articles and interviews give insight on how low oil prices will constrain the amount of funding available to regional governments that will have to find alternative funding sources to bridge ‘the funding gap’.
The report includes the following:
- GCC projects market outlook
- Building the aviation capital of the world - Airport financing takes off
- Challenges and opportunities for the region’s transport hubs
- Delivering Qatar’s future today
- Rail infrastructure - Is it time for GCC countries to consider ramping up PPPs as an alternate delivery model?
- Steps to avoid financial duress during an economic downturn - A contractor’s perspective
- Alturki Group - Adapting to a changing and uncertain external environment
- Fraud in construction projects
- East meets Middle East - Getting the recipe right
- A financier’s perspective on the region - Market opportunities and strategy for growth
- Public-private partnerships - Global lessons learnt
- PPP Sentiment Survey