Travel, Hospitality and Leisure
We are regional hospitality specialists and offer market and financial due diligence, operator selection, hotel/serviced apartment valuation and configuration of hospitality led development projects.
Travel, hospitality and leisure challenges
There are a number of key challenges facing travel, hospitality and leisure (THL):
- As supply of hospitality projects has increased across the region, hoteliers have begun to sacrifice headline average daily rates (ADR) to achieve higher occupancies;
- The increase in Midscale hotels are expected to exert pricing pressure on other segments as they provide a basic but sufficient amenities at lower prices; and
- In a market under pressure, owners have become increasingly observant of operator’s performance. Operating efficiency and asset management are now key priorities for owners. The balance of power has slowly shifted, with owners now wielding greater power in the negotiation of Hotel Management Agreements (HMAs) and increasingly building in performance tests into their HMAs in order to “pay for performance”
How we can help
Our dedicated team of hospitality specialists can provide advice at any point in the project lifecycle.
We offer an extensive range of services underpinned by deep sector experience; we have an unrivalled understanding of market issues and the ability to tailor bespoke advice and solutions. Our THL team are the leading provider of professional services to owners, operators, developers and investors in our industry around the globe.
Our expert team works to
- Undertake feasibility review including market analysis, trading and returns analysis;
- Provide business planning underpinned by financial analysis
- Provide expansion & market entry strategy;
- Identify white space and growth potential;
- Provide integrated due diligence on debt refinancing or raising;
- Undertake hotel operator selection; and
- Undertake tourism and specific development planning