Introduction of Value Added Tax (VAT) in the UAE
VAT in the GCC and the impact areas in the implementation cycle
VAT in the UAE: where are we today?
The UAE is introducing VAT from 1 January 2018 onwards, and has now issued the Federal VAT Law (published 27 August 2017) establishing the domestic rules applying for VAT in the UAE. This adds to the Unified VAT Agreement for the Gulf Co-operation Council (GCC) signed by each of the Member States.
VAT Executive Regulations are in the process of being approved and it is hoped they will be enacted and made public in the coming months.
Impact of VAT on businesses in the UAE
This document will answer the below listed questions regarding the introduction of the indirect tax in the UAE
- VAT in the UAE - 5%, VAT exempt or zero-rate transactions?
- VAT in the UAE – VAT recovery right
- VAT in the UAE - Overview of expected special rules (free zones, bad debt relief, real estate, VAT group, Insurance, finance and Islamic finance and import of goods)
- VAT in the UAE - VAT refund
- VAT in the UAE - Prepare soon: are you compliant?
- VAT in the UAE - Transitional periods and rules
- VAT in the UAE – Help needed?