Deloitte named a leader in Asia Pacific Professional Security Services Market by the IDC MarketScape
NEW YORK, NY, USA, 12 March 2020—International Data Corporation (IDC) has named Deloitte a leader in the report entitled, IDC MarketScape: Asia/Pacific Professional Security Services (PSS) 2020 Vendor Assessment (Doc # AP45547920, February 2020). The IDC MarketScape recognizes Deloitte as a leader based on capabilities and strategies.
"Deloitte has demonstrated a comprehensive portfolio and solid capabilities in addressing clients’ both strategic and tactical needs when it comes to professional security services requirements", says Cathy Huang, Associate Research Director, Services and Security, IDC Asia/Pacific (APAC), at IDC and an author of the report.
"It is great for Deloitte to get this recognition from the IDC MarketScape, which considers not just our customer feedback but also that of our peers," says James Nunn-Price, Deloitte Asia Pacific Cyber Risk leader. "We continue to invest in building the leading cyber capability in Asia Pacific and globally, for today and for the future so that we can continue to help our clients succeed."
The IDC MarketScape is as an assessment of "17 different vendors offering professional security services in the highly competitive and vibrant Asia/Pacific (APAC) market. The participating organizations were meticulously evaluated using the IDC MarketScape model, which reviews the vendors' capabilities and strategies against an extensive list of scoring criteria and parameters."
"Cyber is everywhere. As business and society relies more on digital, IoT, cloud and AI for the delivery of services and improved customer experience such as banking, health care, smart grids, and driverless vehicles to name a few, success starts and ends with managing cyber risk," adds Nunn-Price. "We operate at the intersection of business, regulation and deep technology understanding so that we can help our clients holistically so they can go anywhere."
Additional report findings
- "A household name in business consulting, the [organization] offers a comprehensive range of professional security services in the APAC market, catering to vast needs of customers, be it strategic, tactical, or technical."
- "Its dedicated Centre for Regulatory Strategy puts Deloitte at the forefront of the regulatory landscape, including global- or country- or domain-specific considerations and helps its clients understand the impact on their business."
- "Deloitte also helps organizations plan for, respond to, and manage high-consequence cyberincidents. The [organization’s] forensic and malware analysis services help enterprises protect their brand and reputation by proactively advising on their exposure to fraud, corruption, and other business risk issues."
- "The Deloitte Cyber Strategy Framework (CSF) is a business-driven, threat-based approach to conducting cyber assessments based on an organization's specific business, threats, and capabilities. CSF draws on the cyber experience and expertise of Deloitte's global network and serves as a cornerstone of the [organization’s] approach to conducting cyberstrategy assessments."
- "In addition to assessment services, Deloitte also provides a wide variety of advisory and implementation offerings in the areas of infrastructure design, application security, cloud transformation, identity access management, as well as emerging areas, such as IoT, OT, and ICS."
- "Deloitte's extensive network and size within the region make it an attractive prospect as a trusted security partner. The [network] has presence of practitioners in every major city in the region in over 25 countries where it is delivering cyberservices. An estimated 5,000 professionals support its cyber program in the APAC region, which is considered significant and the largest in the market."
- "Based on customer feedback, Deloitte's security professionals are highly knowledgeable and supportive, ‘act locally and think globally,’ including the partner level were highly appraised by its long-standing clients."
- "Deloitte has a great diversity of clients across verticals, and a near equal blend of customers from various industries and sizes, making them a well-rounded provider. This could be because Deloitte offers multiple commercial and pricing models to the client for their services. One such option is the value-based model in which charges directly relate to the outcome that clients value the most, and were defined and agreed during the strategy phase. This outcome is often associated with a financial value."
About IDC MarketScape: IDC MarketScape vendor assessment model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited ("DTTL"), its global network of member firms, and their related entities (collectively, the "Deloitte organization"). DTTL (also referred to as "Deloitte Global") and each of its member firms and related entities are legally separate and independent entities, which cannot obligate or bind each other in respect of third parties. DTTL and each DTTL member firm and related entity is liable only for its own acts and omissions, and not those of each other. DTTL does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more.
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the "Deloitte organization") serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s more than 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.