An independent and anonymous hotline and disclosure service
Tip-offs Anonymous™ is an independent and anonymous hotline and disclosure service provided by Deloitte Singapore. It is a world-class service committed to the elimination of dishonesty in the workplace by enabling management, employees and suppliers to anonymously report inappropriate behaviours.
It is a unique and innovative business solution that provides a powerful and practical deterrent to corruption, fraud, dishonesty and other inappropriate behaviour in the workplace. The service is designed to protect the assets, bottom line and reputation of organisations, both in the private and public sectors.
This confidential whistleblowing service operates 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. We provide a unique telephone number, unique and dedicated website and e-mail address and postal address to allow employees to make confidential disclosures about their concerns in the workplace. These disclosure channels are monitored by Deloitte on a 24 x 7 basis.
We assist in the education of staff by providing “train the trainer” sessions or direct training to your employees. Trained analysts will respond to calls in English, Mandarin, Malay and Indonesian at a secure contact centre equipped with state-of-the-art equipment. Our analysts will interview callers, probing for specific facts such as dates, times, locations, people, amounts involved and any witnesses. This information is then forwarded to designated senior executives of your organisation without revealing the identity of the person who made the call.
The key benefits of a whistleblowing programme include:
- Immediate compliance with relevant Codes of Good Corporate Governance
- Simple, low-cost deterrent against inappropriate workplace behaviour
- Tangible demonstration to stakeholders of social commitment and culture of honesty and integrity
- Protection from negative publicity by allowing management to deal with issues internally
- Evidence of a tangible governance initiative that is integrally linked to the operations of the audit committee and the internal audit function
- Valuable management tool to complement an organisation's overall risk management strategy
- Dynamic and useful communication facility for employees not exposed to - or who feel uncomfortable using - formal communication channels
- Effective highlighting of poor control processes and weak internal control environments, allowing management and the internal audit function to better focus their efforts and resources