Global Corporate Treasury Survey 2017
Continuing the evolution from operational to strategic
Deloitte is pleased to release its biennial Global Corporate Treasury Survey. This report documents outcomes from interviews within the global treasury community to understand challenges, mandates, the evolving strategic function, and how regulations are impacting treasury teams.
Respondents to this year’s survey come from the broad spectrum of the global treasury community – Deloitte is grateful to the more than 200 companies across all industries and revenue groups for helping to shape the future of the function.
- The evolution of the Treasury function from operational to strategic, combined with increased market regulation and volatility, provides opportunities for Treasury to leverage whole of company skills to better manage risks
- Treasurers have strong CFO mandates to support whole of business strategy and deliver cash efficiencies through capital management and low cost services
- FX volatility, visibility of and access to group cash, operations and exposures, and working in restricted markets, all continue to challenge treasurers
- Treasury departments are increasingly looking to shared service centers and external service to provide cash management and global operations support
- Technology is not being fully leveraged to support the whole of Treasury function, especially in monitoring key risks through real-time analytics and reporting
- Ongoing changes to both local and global tax and banking regulations are requiring many companies to rethink financial instrument usage and intercompany loan & liquidity management - issues which we expect to evolve as regulations are finalised.
Check out our Treasury managed solutions.