Privacy Notice for On-line Marketing Activities
Last revised: 16 July 2019
Information is a key point to respect the fairness of the processing operation. Moreover, the right to be informed is a pre-requisite to all other data subjects' rights.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and handling your information in an open and transparent manner. This privacy statement sets out how we will collect, handle, store and protect information collected.
Please review this document carefully regarding the collection and use of personal information submitted through the Deloitte Malta events, alerts and recruitment registration process (referred to herein as the “Deloitte Malta Registration”).
Click on the links below to take you to the more detailed sections of this notice:
Who this privacy statement applies to and what it covers?
This privacy statement applies to all the personnel of Deloitte Malta entities, members of Deloitte Central Mediterranean S.r.l., with registered office address at Deloitte Place, Triq L-Intornjatur, Central Business District, CBD 3050 Malta (“Deloitte”, “we”, “us” or “our”).
Collection of personal information
Deloitte maintains personal information that you voluntarily submit and, in some cases, personal information that is submitted on your behalf.
You are responsible for ensuring that any personal information submitted by or about you to Deloitte Malta Registrations is accurate, complete and up-to-date. The submission of any inaccurate, false or incomplete information may make you ineligible for Deloitte Malta Registrations initiatives.
If you are providing personal information about an individual other than yourself (such as a colleague or personal contact), you must obtain the consent of the individual for the collection and use of information as described in this document before submitting any of his/her personal information. This consent must be provided to us together with the submission of the referenced person’s information.
Why is the collection required?
The collection will take place for the fulfilment of the sole purpose, which is the Deloitte Malta Registrations programme. Initiatives related to the Deloitte Malta Registrations programme may include invitations to events organised by Deloitte, communications such as newsletters, business insights or invitations to conferences we organise or sponsor, continuing education opportunities, career events and to request additional information as required.
We will use your personal data strictly based on the consent you provide to us for the purposes of the Deloitte Malta Registrations and to pursue our legitimate interests.
Who we disclose your information to?
In connection with one or more of the purposes outlined in the “Why is the collection required?” section above, we may disclose details about you to:
- other members of the Deloitte Network
- third parties that provide services to us and/or the Deloitte Network
- competent authorities (including courts and authorities regulating us or another member of the Deloitte Network)
- other entities within the Deloitte Network and other third parties as part of a corporate transaction such as a sale, divestiture, reorganisation, merger or acquisition.
Please note that some of the recipients of your personal data referenced above may be based in countries outside of the European Economic Area whose laws may not provide the same level of data protection. In such cases, we will ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your personal data that comply with our legal obligations.
Further details of the transfers described above and the adequate safeguards used by Deloitte in respect of such transfers (including copies of relevant agreements) are also available from us by contacting email@example.com.
In all cases, we may need to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law, a regulator or during legal proceedings.
Protection of your personal information
We use a range of physical, electronic and managerial measures to ensure that we keep your personal data secure, accurate and up to date. These measures include:
- Education and training to relevant staff to ensure they are aware of our privacy obligations when handling personal data;
- Administrative and technical controls to restrict access to personal data on a ‘need to know’ basis;
- Technological security measures, including fire walls, encryption and anti-virus software;
- Physical security measures, such as staff security passes to access our premises.
Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal data, the transmission of data over public networks (including by e-mail) is never completely secure. We endeavour to protect personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us or by us.
How long we keep your information for?
We will hold your personal data on our systems for a period of three (3) years, provided that you have consented to this retention period.
You have various rights in relation to your personal data. In particular, you have a right to:
- Obtain confirmation that we are processing your personal data and request a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- Ask that we update the personal data we hold about you, or correct such personal data that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- Ask that we delete personal data that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal data;
- Withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on consent);
- Receive a copy of the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit such personal data to another party (to the extent the processing is based on consent or a contract);
- Object to our processing of your personal data.
To exercise any of your rights or make a complaint to us relating to your privacy or if you have any other questions about our use of your personal data, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or write to us at the address below:
Data Protection Officer
Central Business District,
We may modify or amend this privacy statement from time to time, at our discretion.
To let you know when we make changes to this privacy statement, we will amend the revision date at the top of this page. The new modified or amended privacy statement will apply from that revision date. Therefore, we encourage you to periodically review this statement to be informed about how we are protecting your information.
If at any time you do not agree with this Privacy Notice (as revised from time to time) you must withdraw your consent for the Deloitte Malta Registrations by sending an email to: email@example.com.