Investing in Skills Scheme
Deloitte Malta Gi3 Alert
2 October 2023
Jobsplus has relaunched the Investing in Skills Scheme (hereinafter, the ‘Scheme’) aimed at supporting active participants in the Maltese market in acquiring training to enhance adaptability and increase productivity.
The Scheme has a budget of Eur4,000,000 and invites eligible employers to invest in the skills development of their workforce. The deadline for the submission of applications is 31 December 2026 or until funds are available. All training must be completed by 30 June 2027.
To be eligible for the Scheme, employers must meet a number of conditions, including:
- Submission of a complete application with all relevant details and documentation before commencement of training;
- Implementation of a project within/for the direct benefit of Malta or Gozo; and
- Provision of eligible training that is not required to comply with National Mandatory Standards.
Assistance under the Scheme varies according to the size of the applicant, with an aid intensity of 50% of eligible costs for large enterprises, 60% for medium-sized enterprises and 70% for small enterprises.
The following costs are covered by the Scheme:
- Personnel costs for trainer/s, for the hours during which the trainers participate in the training;
- Personnel costs for trainees, for the hours during which the trainees participate in the training; and
- Operating costs for trainers and trainees directly related to the training project, such as travel expenses.
The applicable co-financing rate will be applied on the total eligible cost.
The types of training that can be supported include classroom style training, e-learning online training (live sessions), e-learning online training (self-led), and distance learning.
How can we help?
Deloitte Malta is ready to assist in answering your queries, so please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any further guidance you may require.
In addition, Deloitte Malta is able to assist with the preparation of the required applications and any supporting documentation, as well as document submission and any required follow-ups.