Life at Deloitte
The ACCA Programme
Deloitte Malta Programmes
Join the ACCA family and start building your career towards becoming a professional within a global organisation.
- What is ACCA?
- The ACCA syllabus
- Extensive support from Deloitte
- Making the most of the Deloitte ACCA Programme
What is ACCA?
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) is a fast growing global professional accountancy body with over a 100 years of experience and consisting of 486,000 students and members in over 170 countries. Both its reputation and influence are respected worldwide by employers, governments and the profession itself.
By collaborating with Deloitte, you will receive continuous support during your training, as well as gain work experience that is vital to achieving a comprehensive understanding of both the profession and the business in which you will be working.
The framework of the ACCA programme offers a high level of flexibility to its students. This is an important aspect of this programme since students are usually in full time employment.
The ACCA Programme requires a minimum of three years of relevant practical experience before qualification is achieved.
Register your interest in the Deloitte Malta ACCA ProgrammeEmail us
The ACCA syllabus consists of 13 papers split into 4 sections…
Fundamental Level Subjects
- Accountant in Business
- Management Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Corporate and Business Law
- Performance Management
- Financial Reporting
- Audit & Assurance
- Financial Management
Professional Level Subjects
- Strategic Business Leader
- Strategic Business Reporting
- Advanced Financial Management
- Advanced Performance Management
- Advanced Taxation
- Advanced Audit and Assurance
*ACCA requirements are to choose two subjects out of the four subjects in this section. Locally, ‘Advanced Taxation’ is required for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) warrant, and ‘Advanced Audit & Assurance’ is additionally required for the Practising Certificate in Auditing (PCA).
- ACCA students are also required to complete the Professional Ethics module as an integral part of gaining knowledge about a range of ethical perspectives and develop ethical behaviour and values. This includes a case study which is designed to utilise the knowledge gained through this module.
- Some students may benefit from exam exemptions depending on their previous qualifications.
Extensive support from Deloitte
On signing an agreement with Deloitte, you will benefit from:
- Full time employment with Deloitte;
- Fully paid tuition fees;
- Study leave for exam preparation;
- An effective study experience facilitated by dedicated lecture halls equipped with all the necessary facilities;
- Deloitte training eligibility for relevant training sessions delivered by Deloitte staff throughout the year; and
- An attractive remuneration package which includes a host of benefits such as:
- A competitive starting salary;
- Health insurance;
- Childcare subsidies;
- Social events;
- Subsidised professional memberships; and
- CPE training.
- Students who have minimum of two 'A' Levels in any subject (with grades A, B or C) and a minimum of three 'O' Levels, which must include Maths and English;
- Graduates who possess a first degree in any field (preferably 2:1 or higher).
Making the most of the Deloitte ACCA Programme
Training for the prestigious ACCA programme with Deloitte has proven to be popular with a high level of success in examination results
Taking your career to the next level
ACCA offers business-relevant, first-choice qualifications to people of application, ability and ambition around the world. The ACCA qualification is designed to provide the knowledge, skills and professional values which will deliver finance professionals who are capable of building successful careers across all sectors.
Working at Deloitte
Our students recognise the superior working environment in which they are able to develop both on a professional level as well as on a personal level, while also having the opportunity to make an impact that matters on clients, their colleagues, and society.
During their work experience, students handle work for Deloitte clients from diverse business sectors.
According to a recent survey, the five attributes that best describe Deloitte in Malta as an employer were:
Bringing it all together
Deloitte students will therefore receive ACCA specific training, Deloitte specific training, work experience and job shadowing. We expect this to culminate in successful exam results and, of course, an ACCA qualification.
The benefit of such a qualification is that it clearly demonstrates to potential employers and clients that you have the required knowledge and expertise for your chosen career.
The secondment experience is offered to Deloitte professionals who wish to work for a short period of time in another member firm/office. This enables our people to develop expertise within the network, relationships with colleagues overseas and an understanding of the operations of other firms. Secondments strengthen our organisation and offer our people unique career and personal development opportunities.
Life at Deloitte Malta
Each year, the firm organises a number of social activities for its staff and students. These events as well as a number of team-building activities through the year, present a great opportunity for our people to interact socially across our different service lines and functions.
Testimonials from our students
- "Working at Deloitte whilst studying ACCA gave me the opportunity to put into practice what I have learnt and studied in my course, as well as use my work experiences to support my studies. Such a professional environment has helped me develop my career further."
- "Studying ACCA at Deloitte has given me the opportunity to get hands on experience in the Accounting sector, all while still studying. Although it is tough to manage both at the same time, it helps you improve managing your time better."
- "ACCA at Deloitte gives me the opportunity to work full time while obtaining my ACCA qualification. This allows me to gain valuable experience under constant guidance, and upon graduation I’ll be already fully integrated into the firm."
Fast track to your ACCA course with ACCA-X
An ‘O’ and ‘A’ level equivalent in Accounts in just two 10-week online courses
The Deloitte Malta firm, in collaboration with ACCA, the world’s leading body for professional accountants, offers Maltese students the unique possibility of achieving an ‘O’ level and an ‘A’ level equivalent in Accounts by following two ten-week online courses, thus opening a world of opportunities.
Students are able to study at their own pace and review their progress as they move from one module to the next with the support of online discussions with professionals – all from the comfort of their homes.
This ACCA-X online programme can truly revolutionise our approach to education, act as revision for those working on their ‘O’ and ‘A’ level Accounts, as well as offer the opportunity to those pursuing other subject choices to add Accounts to their CVs and giving them a broader career choice.
To find out how and to enroll on the free courses, visit www.deloitte.com/mt/acca-x
The information given on this page presents a general overview of Deloitte’s programme for ACCA students. It is highly recommended that students interested in this programme refer to the Deloitte Malta Terms & Conditions for further details which are available upon request.