Audit Seniors has been saved
We are currently seeking ambitious team players with exceptional analytical skills and a well-rounded personality to become part of our dynamic assurance team in our Malta and Gozo offices.
Arising from increased levels of activity and demand within the Audit department, Deloitte is offering an excellent senior level career opportunity for a candidate with strong general audit experience. We are looking for a person with proven leadership ability and excellent people management skills. You will be responsible for a portfolio of audit clients, both indigenous and global multinational.
The Audit practice is a leading player delivering audit services to a wide variety of clients, in every business sector. Our audit professionals' primary focus is on adding value to businesses while applying the highest standards of professional integrity, objectivity, independence and technical excellence.
Your role and responsibilities
Your role as an Audit Senior will focus on the proactive and accountable execution of all the assigned projects, aligning work priorities and objectives to clients' needs, exhibiting full ownership regarding quality of work both at individual and at team level, positively influencing your internal and external stakeholders by adopting a clear, empathetic and impactful communication style.
You will be required to share your knowledge and expertise with more junior colleagues, being a role model for them in pursuing our purpose, to "make an impact that matters".
As a Senior within the Audit department, you will be expected to meet client commitments on audit engagements by executing the audit and completing audit files within the specified timeframe of the engagement. You will be expected to perform specific audit engagements to the high standard of quality expected of employees of the firm, whilst demonstrating the firm values of: working as a team, focusing on our clients and targets, being a leader, behaving with pride and enthusiasm and success for and through our people. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting managers with the planning of audits, including budgeting, staffing planning and participation in audit planning meetings;
- Coordinating the audit engagement from planning to completion within the stipulated time frame and with the required expected level of quality;
- Developing strong working relationships with the client and the client staff involved; and
- Delegating to junior team members, provide on the job training and provide feedback.
The ideal candidate will preferably possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Candidates must be in possession of a university degree in Accountancy, or have completed their ACCA or ACA professional qualification or be at an advanced stage of completing their ACCA qualification.
- Strong commitment and proven record of professional and client service excellence.
- A minimum of two years of audit experience is required with a good knowledge of IFRS.
- Sound computer literacy; MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Outstanding communication - both spoken and written (in particular, business report writing) and people skills.
- Good team player.
At Deloitte, we provide plenty of opportunities and benefits for our people to be able to build professional relationships and cultivate a work-life balance. Some of the benefits we offer are:
- Health insurance
- Healthy breakfasts
- Childcare support
- Quarterly social events
- Monthly "Get Together" events
- Discounts at local retailers and gym memberships
- Free parking
- Latest software and technology
- Well being & diversity programmes
- Office geared towards environmentally sustainability
- Sun, sea and sand.... we don't offer these but Malta does!
Our Audit practice delivers to clients audit assurance and advisory services of the highest quality. We cover a wide range of industries and markets, from financial services in multinational corporations to smaller, owner-managed businesses. As the commercial world grows ever more fiercely regulated, the role of corporate auditor has never been more critical. Our distinctive audit approach and investment in technology enables our Audit team to deliver seamless global accounting and auditing services. We are forward thinking, risk focussed and insights based.
Our local audit function comprises approximately 120 professionals. Our team is highly trained and fully committed to provide audit and assurance services to the highest standards. A substantial number of our professional staff have had the opportunity to work alongside their counterparts and develop their skills with overseas Deloitte offices namely in leading European financial services centres. These skills translate into higher quality audits which add value to our clients.
Our talent experience
From day one at our firm, practitioners are part of a community. Our development and career progression framework will help them develop the skills and capabilities to succeed. The wellness of our people and the ability to offer agile working arrangements is at the centre of our unique Talent Experience. We create a workplace that encourages collaboration, creativity, inclusiveness to ensure our staff are supported, encouraged and feel a sense of purpose and meaning in what they do each day.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.