We are currently seeking ambitious team players with exceptional analytical skills and a well-rounded personality to become part of our dynamic assurance team in our Malta and Gozo offices.
Our Assurance team is a dedicated team of professionals within the Audit & Assurance service line, with deep technical accounting and financial reporting skills and in-depth industry knowledge.
We are a client-facing group used to dealing with the practical application of accounting and financial reporting requirements and are experienced in advising clients on challenging and complex technical matters. We work closely with the Deloitte's Global Centres of Excellence to ensure a consistent robust response to accounting questions posed. As such, our team are uniquely positioned to assist companies with the accounting and financial reporting challenges they face on an ongoing basis.
Your role and responsibilities
Your role as an Audit Senior will focus on the proactive and accountable execution of all the assigned projects, aligning work priorities and objectives to clients' needs, exhibiting full ownership regarding quality of work both at individual and at team level, positively influencing your internal and external stakeholders by adopting a clear, empathetic and impactful communication style.
You will be required to share your knowledge and expertise with more junior colleagues, being a role model for them in pursuing our purpose, to "make an impact that matter".
During your tenure as an Audit Senior, you will demonstrate and develop the ability to:
- Build trust and credibility with stakeholders by seeking to understand their service levels expectations and what matters to them individually.
- Develop strong working relationships with the client & client staff where needed delegating to junior team members, provide on the job training and provide feedback.
- Use of the relevant internal and external knowledge databases and exploitation of the relevant information to benefit clients and the firm.
- Discuss business cycles and entity staff from all relevant parts of the business and document it, using process flow diagrams, flow of transactions and relevant controls.
- Advising clients on IFRS accounting queries.
- Assessing the impact of new accounting standards such as IFRS 9, 15 and 16 and assisting clients with implementation.
- Performing accounting policy and financial statements reviews.
- Assisting our clients with analytics and ways to develop and improve the financial reporting process.
- Ensure that any professional, technical or client service problems are communicated in a timely fashion to the appropriate individuals.
The ideal candidate will preferably possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Candidates must be in possession of a university degree in Accountancy, or have completed their ACCA or ACA professional qualification.
- Strong commitment and proven record of professional and client service excellence.
- A minimum of two years of audit experience with a good knowledge of IFRS.
- Sound computer literacy; MS Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook.
- Outstanding communication - both spoken and written (in particular, business report writing) and people skills.
- Good team player.
At Deloitte, we provide plenty of opportunities and benefits for our people to be able to build professional relationships and cultivate a work-life balance. Some of the benefits we offer are:
- Health insurance
- Healthy breakfasts
- Childcare support
- Quarterly social events
- Monthly "Get Together" events
- Discounts at local retailers and gym memberships
- Free parking
- Latest software and technology
- Well being & diversity programmes
- Office geared towards environmentally sustainability
- Sun, sea and sand.... we don't offer these but Malta does!
Our talent experience
From day one at our firm, practitioners are part of a community. Our development and career progression framework will help them develop the skills and capabilities to succeed. The wellness of our people and the ability to offer agile working arrangements is at the centre of our unique Talent Experience. We create a workplace that encourages collaboration, creativity, inclusiveness to ensure our staff are supported, encouraged and feel a sense of purpose and meaning in what they do each day.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.