Audit & Assurance Manager has been saved
Audit & Assurance Manager
Make the leap, reap the rewards
We are seeking ambitious team players with exceptional analytical skills and a well-rounded personality to become part of our dynamic team in our Malta and Gozo offices.
Arising from increased levels of activity and demand within the Audit department, Deloitte is offering an excellent Management level career opportunity for a candidate with strong general audit experience. We are looking for a person with proven leadership ability and excellent people management skills. You will be responsible for a portfolio of audit clients, both indigenous and global multinational.
The Audit practice is a leading player delivering audit services to a wide variety of clients, in every business sector. Our audit professionals' primary focus is on adding value to businesses while applying the highest standards of professional integrity, objectivity, independence and technical excellence.
Your role and responsibilities
Your role as a Manager will focus on the management and delivery of client engagements, as well as sales and practice development.
In this role, you will develop and coach high performing people and teams, leading, guiding and supporting them to make an impact that matters, and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client services.
As one of the largest audit practices, joining us will mean working with some fo the leading practitioners in the industry, for some of the leading organisations in the world both locally and globally as well as working towards a career goal that we will entirely shape together.
During your tenure as an Audit Manager, you will demonstrate and develop the ability to :
- Offer insightful recommendations about a broad range of complex issues related to business processes and controls by leveraging expertise and experience in the entity's sector.
- Identify the audit approach to be taken from an early stage and checks that adequate resources are identified that have the required skills, knowledge and experience to perform the work.
- Involve team members in the planning process and where required guide more junior members of the tem in their prioritisation.
- Provide on the job learning giving meaningful feedback in a timely manner.
- Prioritise appropriately and make or implement contingency plans where necessary.
- Perform join activities with specialists early in the audit to identify risks, understand relevant controls and substantive procedures, agree on the division of responsibilities, including planned tests of IPE, and prepare scoping memos.
- Suggest mitigating testing when controls are found to be ineffective or other conditions may indicate possible misstatements, apply professional scepticism to consider the broader impact on our audit.
- Run file check regularly throughout the audit, checks all points have been cleared at the end of each audit, choosing an appropriate file structure for each engagement.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the relevant regulatory framework, IFRS and other IAS's when relevant as well as an advanced understanding of business cycles and operational internal controls.
- Able to provide audit team and clients with a critical view and recommendations.
- Active in knowledge management by monitoring/providing input to internal databases.
- Be regarded as a specialist in the audit approach. Applying the knowledge to improve the efficiencies of the audit process and to address the risks associated with the assignment.
The ideal candidate will preferably possess the following qualifications and experience:
- An ACA, ACCA or BA Accty qualification or equivalent.
- Strong commitment and proven record of professional and client service excellence.
- Deep knowledge and experience of IFRS and ISA.
- Sound computer literacy ; MS Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook.
- Outstanding communication - both spoken and written (in particular, business report writing) and people skills.
- A minimum of five years post qualifications experience.
- Proven audit management experience.
- Experience and evidence of business development.
- Good team player.
At Deloitte, we provide plenty of opportunities and benefits for our people to be able to build professional relationships and cultivate a work-life balance. Some of the benefits we offer are:
- Health insurance
- Healthy breakfasts
- Childcare support
- Social events
- Discounts at local retailers and gym memberships
- Free parking
- Latest software and technology
- Well being & diversity programmes
- Office geared towards environmentally sustainability
Our Audit practice delivers to clients audit assurance and advisory services of the highest quality. We cover a wide range of industries and markets, from financial services in multinational corporations to smaller, owner-managed businesses. As the commercial world grows ever more fiercely regulated, the role of corporate auditor has never been more critical. Our distinctive audit approach and investment in technology enables our Audit team to deliver seamless global accounting and auditing services. We are forward thinking, risk focussed and insights based.
Our local audit function comprises approximately 120 professionals. Our team is highly trained and fully committed to provide audit and assurance services to the highest standards. A substantial number of our professional staff have had the opportunity to work alongside their counterparts and develop their skills with overseas Deloitte offices namely in leading European financial services centres. These skills translate into higher quality audits which add value to our clients.
We are led by a Purpose, "To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society". This Purpose defines who we are and what we stand for. It's not about being the biggest. It's about being the first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements.
Our talent experience
From day one at our firm, practitioners are part of a community. Our development and career progression framework will help them develop the skills and capabilities to succeed. The wellness of our people and the ability to offer agile working arrangements is at the centre of our unique Talent Experience. We create a workplace that encourages collaboration, creativity, inclusiveness to ensure our staff are supported, encouraged and feel a sense of purpose and meaning in what they do each day.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.