Deloitte Digital Malta Careers
Who says work can’t be fun? At Deloitte Digital, the worlds of business, creative, and technology intersect to transform the way we work, play, and communicate. We believe in our people and we understand that quality of life directly impacts quality of work which is why our flexible work environment and distinctive culture is something we are proud of. As leaders in digital, we are committed to bringing future-forward ideas into reality and pushing the edges of digital technology whilst working with some of the world’s largest brands. We are currently seeking to recruit a Frontend Developer to join our expanding team.
In all of your interactions — with clients, project managers, designers, engineers, and more — you’ll advocate for what users want, need, and expect from the products we create. You’re innovative, quick-thinking, and eager to learn more about what’s happening in the interactive space. Your UX design skills are top-notch, and you have a knack for making the complex clear.
You will be mainly responsible for the production, modification and maintenance of websites, web interfaces and mobile application interfaces. Candidates must demonstrate their body of work in a structured portfolio that demonstrates advanced skills and creativity in web design, CSS and XHTML.
A self-starter by nature, you must be able to work independently as well as a team and must be an effective communicator in written English and preferably also in Maltese.
Work you'll do
- Meeting clients to understand requirements and explain design concepts
- Constantly collaborating with our team members and the development team to ensure deadlines are met
- Designing website and mobile interfaces from scratch and reviewing with client
- Converting approved design into HTML & CSS and handing over to development team
- Checking the quality of work including but not limited to the validation of HTML according to W3C standards
- Supporting clients on any content and HTML issues through the CMS
- Ensuring that the team is well-versed in the potential of new technologies
- Mentoring junior designers and collaborating with our team members to share knowledge gained from different projects
Required skills and competencies
- Experienced with XHTML, HTML5 and CSS3
- Experienced and excellent command of Photoshop
- Able to develop cross-browser & cross-platform background compatible solutions
- Experienced with jQuery & various JQuery plugins
- Ability to develop responsive websites and web designs
- Good understanding of CSS Frameworks such as 960 Grid, Foundation, Bootstrap or similar frameworks
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte Digital, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills, work with industry-leading talent on a daily basis, in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career, while delivering products and services to a wide and diverse client base.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organisation. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.