Risk Advisory - Manager
Lead the conversation
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and experienced team member to enrich our diverse Risk Advisory department and help us make an impact that matters.
Our team specialises in collaborating with clients’ leadership to improve processes and procedures in areas such as governance, internal audit, regulatory compliance and technology. The ultimate aim is to assist organisations and businesses in general in reducing, managing and mitigating a wide range of risks, enabling them to take intelligent and well-informed risk decisions.
Deloitte’s global network provides the opportunity to take your career to the next level through cross-border collaboration and continuous learning within frameworks developed by leading industry professionals. Constant challenging by clients, team members and peers along the way will help you enhance your analytical, communication and leadership skills enabling you to reach your full potential.
Your role and responsibilities
Your role as Manager will focus on the management and delivery of client engagements and practice development, predominantly in the spheres of regulatory and strategic risk management.
In this role, you will develop and coach high performing people and teams, leading, guiding and supporting them to make an impact that matters, and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client services.
As Risk Advisory Manager, you will be expected to demonstrate and develop the ability to:
- Design regulatory strategies to enable proactive, forward-looking and data-driven solutions to address regulatory issues.
- Address clients’ gaps with relevant regulations by designing prioritised and data-driven regulatory compliance and response solutions.
- Leverage an in-depth understanding of the client’s strategy to plan and drive the development of impactful and sustainable risk management solutions.
- Advise the client on establishing or improving end-to-end risk management systems, processes, and frameworks to enhance strategic alignment with business goals, enable effective decision making and response, and monitor regulatory compliance.
- Advise the client on solving control design issues based on industry leading practices and regulatory requirements.
- Plan and execute a project to deliver a superior client experience.
- Increase quality, accuracy and impact of reports and presentations by leveraging critical thinking, experience and judgement.
- Build an in-depth knowledge of the client’s business and stay up-to-date on industry activities, marketplace trends, innovation efforts and leading practices.
The ideal candidate will preferably possess the following qualifications and experience:
- University degree in Banking and Finance, Risk Management, Law, Business Administration or a related field.
- Minimum of 4 years working experience within Risk, Compliance, Regulatory Advisory, Finance or similar.
- Knowledge and experience of regulations, for example AML/CFT, GDPR and other regulations related to the financial services industry.
- Sound computer literacy: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Project management and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Advanced report writing skills.
- Result-oriented and quality driven.
- Analytical and problem solving skills and an eye for detail.
At Deloitte, we provide plenty of opportunities and benefits for our people to be able to build professional relationships and cultivate a work-life balance. Some of the benefits we offer are:
- Health insurance
- Healthy breakfasts
- Childcare support
- Quarterly social events
- Monthly "Get Together" events
- Discounts at local retailers and gym memberships
- Free parking
- Latest software and technology
- Well being & diversity programmes
- Office geared towards environmentally sustainability
- Sun, sea and sand.... we don't offer these but Malta does!
Our talent experience
From day one at our firm, practitioners are part of a community. Our development and career progression framework will help them develop the skills and capabilities to succeed. The wellness of our people and the ability to offer agile working arrangements is at the centre of our unique Talent Experience. We create a workplace that encourages collaboration, creativity, inclusiveness to ensure our staff are supported, encouraged and feel a sense of purpose and meaning in what they do each day.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.