Global Indirect Tax News
Monthly newsletter covering VAT, goods and services tax, sales tax issues, and customs and trade issues around the globe.
Más sobre el tema
- Colombia: The tax authorities have concluded that cellphones and tablets are VAT excluded, if their value is lower than 22 Tax Value Units (UVT in Spanish) (approximately USD $250).
- Colombia: The tax authorities have enacted a new resolution, which includes the new form to file and pay the new national Carbon Tax. The form is now available on the tax authorities' webpage.
- Colombia: The tax authorities have published general guidelines related to tariff preferences of the North America Free Trade Agreement.
- Colombia: The Trade Ministry has set the tariff charge at 5% for hybrid cars and 0% for electric cars, based on the annual number of vehicles imported.
- United States: Ohio: A new law expands the 'substantial nexus' presumption to include a USD 500,000 gross receipts threshold.
- United States: Washington: The Governor is expected to sign a Bill with expanded economic nexus provisions, as well as information reporting and notice requirements on some remote sellers, including marketplace facilitators.
- China: A circular has been issued clarifying VAT rules regarding asset management, with a 1 January 2018 implementation date (delaying the initial live date of 1 July 2017).
- China: The Customs Clearance Integration Reform has been rolled out nationwide.
- India: On 1 July 2017, the GST entered into force in India.
- Japan-EU: Japan and the EU have announced that the two trading powers have reached a general political agreement on the EU-Japan Free Trade Agreement.
- Malaysia: The Goods and Services Tax (Zero-Rated Supply) 2014 has been amended.
- Malaysia: The Royal Malaysian Customs Department (RMCD) has provided guidelines on the rounding of decimal points for GST.
- Malaysia: The RMCD has launched an audit operation to improve GST compliance.
- Malaysia: There is an update on the proposed Tourism Tax.
- EU-Japan: Japan and the EU have announced that the two trading powers have reached a general political agreement on the EU-Japan Free Trade Agreement.
- EU: The European Commission has issued an implementing regulation to amend the Union Customs Code Implementing Act.
- Cyprus: The Cyprus Tax Authorities will soon introduce the electronic transfer of VAT repayments to taxable persons via bank transfer.
- Cyprus: The Cyprus Tax Authorities have issued a notification providing details of when the law regulating the settlement of overdue taxes will enter into force, the periods covered by the scheme, and the discounts to be provided.
- Finland: The value added taxation of imports will be transferred from Finnish Customs to the Tax Administration as of 1 January 2018.
- GCC: There is an update on VAT implementation.
- GCC: The GAZT in KSA has published a new user manual for excise tax registration. Excise tax came into force in KSA on 11 June 2017.
- Italy: There are new terms regarding the right to VAT deduction.
- Italy: There have been changes to the VAT credit offsetting with other taxes.
- Italy: There have been changes to the split payment mechanism.
- Italy: A new TR form has been approved.
- Italy: There is further clarification regarding the periodical e-submission of invoices issued/received.
- Italy: The electronic accounting ledger will be available for certain excise purposes.
- Italy: Guidelines have been issued in relation to excise controls on certain energy products.
- Italy: Certain current tax litigation will apply to the customs field.
- Latvia: There are proposed amendments to the VAT law relating to the VAT registration threshold and the domestic reverse charge mechanism.
- Latvia: The threshold for reporting each tax invoice separately in VAT return appendices PVN1-I (input VAT on local acquisition) and PVN1-III (output VAT on supplies) has been reduced to EUR 150.
- Netherlands: The Government has released a proposal to implement the EU voucher directive.
- Netherlands: The European Commission's opinion has confirmed the point of view of the Dutch Government on the VAT treatment of management services to Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution pension funds.
- Poland: The tax authorities have started verifying SAF-T files submitted by taxpayers on a mandatory monthly basis.
- Poland: A voluntary VAT split payment mechanism has been proposed.
- Poland: The Ministry of Finance is developing standards on the due diligence of suppliers.
- Poland: From the July 2017 Intrastat reporting period there will be a new box in the Intrastat return.
- Portugal: A decree has been published to regulate the procedures and time limits applicable to taxpayers intending to apply the reverse charge mechanism for VAT due on the importation of goods.
- Portugal: The periodic VAT return form has been updated.
- Portugal: There has been a Supreme Administrative Court judgment on the legal deadline to review the pro rata VAT deduction percentage.
- Portugal: The technical specifications have been issued for the VAT exemption for acquisitions by non-EU-residents (tax free).
- Russia: The Ministry of Finance has clarified the procedure for VAT payment with respect to e-services rendered by a foreign company to Russian legal entities and private entrepreneurs.
- Russia: Mail.Ru Group has received confirmation from the tax authorities that additional content revenues are eligible for VAT exemption.
- Russia: The federal law on the introduction of VAT exemption for the lease of medical devices has been signed by the President.
- Russia: The Ministry of Finance has clarified the VAT treatment of goods exported under retail sales agreements.
- Russia: The application of the 10% VAT rate for domestic flights may be extended to 31 December 2020, and a group of experts is considering the application of a 0% VAT rate.
- Russia: The embargo on the import of certain foods has been extended to 2019.
- South Africa: There has been an application for a reduction in the rate of customs duty on digital smart cards.
- Spain: The application of the reduced VAT rate (10%) has been extended.
- Spain: The Immediate Information Supply (SII) came into force on 1 July 2017.
- United Kingdom: VAT alignment period claims have been rejected by the CJEU.
- United Kingdom: A Tribunal has ruled that car park overpayments are subject to VAT.
- United Kingdom: A Tribunal has ruled that con-counting machines are exempt from VAT.
- Eurasian Economic Union: There has been a decrease in the rates of import customs duty for certain goods.
- Eurasian Economic Union: Unified quarantine phytosanitary requirements have been introduced for the EEU.