Tax Espresso – May 2020
The Tax Espresso is our monthly newsletter covering the latest tax updates.
In our May 2020 issue, we cover the following topics:
- IRBM’s Practice Note No. 2/2020 - Claiming Capital Allowance on the Development Cost for Customised Computer Software under the Income Tax Rules 2019
- Income Tax (Exemption) Order 2020 [P. U. (A) 139/2020]
- Income Tax (Exemption) (No. 2) Order 2020 [P. U. (A) 141/2020]
- LFSA Updated Guidelines on the Establishment of LITC under the GIFT Programme
- LFSA Circular on Revised Substance Requirements for LITC under the GIFT Programme
Get to know the latest updates featuring the above topics by downloading a copy of the Tax Espresso newsletter on the right!
Deloitte Malaysia is recognised as Malaysia Tax Firm of the Year 2019 by the International Tax Review. As the country’s leading tax expert, we hold various tax events and workshops, in addition to participating in speaking engagements at tax seminars.
The Star - Managing unintended tax consequences
The COVID-19 situation affects everyone. Lockdown and travel restrictions implemented by many countries, including Malaysia, impact the mobility of personnel immensely. Unintended tax consequences are imminent. Further ramifications may arise if those tax issues are not dealt with. By Tan Hooi Beng, Deputy Tax Leader and Kelvin Yee, Tax Associate Director of Deloitte Malaysia.
Click here to read the article.