Looking for past TMT Predictions?
Access the collection of previous years' predictions
Each year Deloitte's TMT Predictions reveal the perspectives gained from hundreds of conversations with industry leaders, and tens of thousands of consumer interviews across the globe. Here you'll find the complete reports from predictions of the past few years.
Deloitte Global Predictions 2017
As the pace of technological change becomes exponentially faster, it is increasingly difficult to identify the major trends that could have profound effects on enterprises and consumers. To help address this challenge, the 2017 version of Predictions from Deloitte Global was designed to provide insight into what may offer disruption and growth opportunities across the technology, media and telecommunications ecosystems.
The 10 Predictions of 2017 combined Deloitte Global thinking, original and secondary research, perspectives gained from hundreds of conversations with industry leaders, and the aggregated opinions of tens of thousands of consumer across the globe.
Below is a list of the topics covered in last year's report:
- DDoS attacks enter the terabit era
- Safety first: the road to self-driving starts with a stop
- 5G: a revolution in evolution, even in 2017
- Brains at the edge: machine learning goes mobile
- The great indoors: the final frontier for digital navigation
- TV advertising in the US: flat is the new up
- Have we reached peak tablet?
- Vinyl: the billion dollar nostalgic niche
- IT-as-a-Service: the half-trillion dollar 'niche'
TMT Predictions 2016
Our objective with TMT Predictions is to identify critical inflection points that we believe should inform industry strategic thinking, and to explain how we think these will manifest over the next 12-18 months for companies in Technology, Media, Telecommunications (TMT), and other industries.
View or download the full Global TMT Predictions 2016 report to learn more about the predictions. The Namibian TMT predictions can be viewed here.
Explore the future in Technology:
- TTouch Commerce: the mobile online checkout gets an express lane
- Women in IT jobs: it is about education, but also about more than just education
- Trailing millennials are the pro-PC, not the post-PC, generation
- Graphene: research now, reap next decade
- Cognitive technologies enhance enterprise software
Explore the future in Media:
- Virtual reality (VR): a billion dollar niche
- US TV: erosion, not implosion
- eSports — Bigger and smaller than you think
- The award for stable box office revenues in the face of digital media goes to ...
- Mobile ad-blockers: saved by the app?
- European football scores $30 billion
- Mobile games: leading but less lucrative
Explore the future in Telecommunications:
- Used smartphones: the $17 billion market you may never have heard of
- VoLTE/VoWIFI — capacity, reach, and capability
- The rise of the data exclusive
- The dawn of the Gigabit Internet age: every bit counts
- Photo sharing: trillions and rising