Deloitte Launches Direct Materials Value Transformation Offering has been saved
Deloitte Launches Direct Materials Value Transformation Offering
New source-to-pay suite offers an integrated set of capabilities to help businesses improve efficiency, identify opportunities and reduce risks
NEW YORK, March 5, 2018—Deloitte today unveiled a suite of products and services designed to help enterprise leaders get more value from their direct materials activities and their investments in SAP® Ariba® solutions.
The new offering, Direct Materials Value Transformation, combines a host of existing and new Deloitte capabilities, providing a cohesive set of leading-edge solutions that can help organizations boost efficiencies, identify opportunities for growth and reduce risks across the source-to-pay spectrum.
Direct Materials Value Transformation includes a line-up of complementary products and services designed to help enterprise leaders forge a tighter, more value-focused supply chain that can support greater supplier collaboration and deliver a competitive edge. Elements of Direct Materials Value Transformation include:
- Strategic insights and SAP technology implementation - With a practice focused exclusively on direct materials transformation, Deloitte can leverage decades of experience with SAP and SAP Ariba solutions as well as a current global network of more than 18,000 business and technology professionals focused on SAP solutions.
- Operating model transformation - Deloitte is a leading procurement transformation consultancy that unlocks the insights of moving direct materials procurement technology solution into the cloud. Based on a results-driven assessments approach, Deloitte customizes an execution plan for each category and for the organization overall.
- Deloitte Accelerator for SAP Ariba - Launched in 2015, this rapidly deployable offering delivers a preconfigured SAP Ariba solution that blends cloud and on-premise ERP capabilities to help transform source-to-pay activities. The Deloitte Accelerator can support needs across industries, bringing a host of assets and supporting services to help businesses move fast.
- Supplier risk framework - Deloitte can bring an integrated approach to identifying and mitigating risks associated with suppliers and other third parties. Our methodology looks across business processes and the enterprise technology landscape to develop a consolidated view of relationships and the associated risks—and to deliver actionable insights.
- Supplier onboarding and integration - To help clients get maximum value, Deloitte can engage directly with suppliers, helping them to move away from inefficient legacy processes and toward new digital capabilities enabled by SAP Ariba solutions. More than that, we can work actively with suppliers to integrate their systems and processes with those of our clients.
- Data services - Deloitte’s powerful line-up of proprietary data tools—from data-migration applications to data visualization tools—facilitate extraction, analysis, enrichment and conversion of existing data into a format that makes sense for the modern enterprise. The result? Data that supports strategic business insights and aligns with a modern cloud-enabled SAP Ariba environment.
- Tax technology and management - Direct Materials Value Transformation delivers a host of capabilities to help clients navigate tax challenges. One of the most common pain points for businesses is tax, and Deloitte Tax understands the importance of addressing tax as part of an automated procurement process. Deloitte Tax is experienced and knowledgeable in bringing tax to the forefront of decision making and understands the importance of integrating tax early on within source-to-pay enablement.
- Change management - Organizational design, training and change management are all part of the picture with Direct Materials Value Transformation—helping to guide clients through the human challenges of reinventing source-to-pay processes.
- Cognitive spend capabilities - Deloitte puts machine intelligence and advanced analytics to work identifying patterns in spend activities, helping clients identify new potential cost savings, discounts, process and data redundancies, and other opportunities for efficiency.
“Direct Materials Value Transformation offers our clients a unified, one-stop portfolio of solutions and capabilities that they simply cannot get anywhere else. They get access to exclusive assets built solidly atop Deloitte intellectual property and SAP solutions—and they get it all in one place,” said Abdi Goodarzi, principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP, and U.S. SAP practice leader. “It’s an approach that should allow customers to approach direct materials proactively and strategically—and to deploy leading, one-of-a-kind solutions and capabilities as part of any source-to-pay transformation.”
“For any business in any industry, direct materials can represent a huge slice of the actual costs of doing business. Unfortunately, many organizations do not approach direct materials in a holistic, strategic manner—often because they do not know where to begin,” said Frederic Girardeau-Montaut, principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP, and U.S. practice leader for SAP Ariba solutions. “As a result, some businesses are missing out on a huge opportunity to capture value while also failing to leverage SAP Ariba solutions to their full potential. Direct Materials Value Transformation completely changes the equation by providing a single source of leading-edge solutions that can address needs all along the source-to-pay continuum.”
The new portfolio of direct materials offerings builds on a long-standing relationship between SAP and Deloitte that spans nearly 30 years. Recent collaboration has included development of Deloitte Reimagine Platform offering built around the SAP Leonardo digital innovation system—including solutions for cognitive manufacturing and IoT-enabled “cold” supply chain logistics.
“For years, strategic collaboration and innovation has been the foundation of our relationship with Deloitte,” said Keith Baranowski, global vice president and general manager, Direct Spend Solutions at SAP Ariba. “As SAP continues to deliver next-generation technologies, we will continue to rely on partners such as Deloitte to enable those technologies and help clients realize tangible results with them. The new Direct Materials Value Transformation offering aligns tightly with the SAP vision of providing customers with simplicity and value. Global partners like Deloitte have the broad industry, business process and technical skills to help clients with their supply chain digital transformations.”
To learn more about Direct Materials Value Transformation and Deloitte’s supply chain management capabilities, visit www.deloitte.com/SAP or contact SAP@deloitte.com. Alternatively, connect with Deloitte, in person, at SAP Ariba Live in Las Vegas in booth #301. Visit our speaking sessions to learn how Deloitte can help you reimagine everything.
Deloitte takes a “business first” approach to help clients innovate amid disruption and transform the enterprise with SAP technologies—to help reimagine everything and deliver the outcomes required to survive and thrive in the digital era. Each day across the globe, the Deloitte team is working with leaders in every industry to explore the art of the possible with SAP solutions—and to take action.
Deloitte provides industry-leading audit, consulting, tax and advisory services to many of the world’s most admired brands, including more than 85 percent of the Fortune 500 and more than 6,000 private and middle market companies. Our people work across more than 20 industry sectors to make an impact that matters—delivering measurable and lasting results that help reinforce public trust in our capital markets, inspire clients to see challenges as opportunities to transform and thrive, and help lead the way toward a stronger economy and a healthy society. Deloitte is proud to be part of the largest global professional services network serving our clients in the markets that are most important to them.
SAP, Ariba and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE (or an SAP affiliate company) in Germany and other countries. See http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/legal/copyright/index.epx for additional trademark information and notices.
All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.
SAP Forward-looking Statement
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecast,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should” and “will” and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations The factors that could affect SAP's future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients. In the United States, Deloitte refers to one or more of the US member firms of DTTL, their related entities that operate using the “Deloitte” name in the United States and their respective affiliates. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.