Deloitte recognized as a global leader in IT Operations Consulting by ALM
NEW YORK, NY, USA, 22 February 2018—Deloitte announced today that ALM Intelligence has ranked it as a global leader in the report, entitled IT Operations Consulting 2017. This accolade complements two additional ALM accolades in this space, including naming Deloitte as a leader in IT strategy consulting and IT application and software consulting in Spring 2017.
On IT operations consulting, Laura Becker, Analyst, Management Consulting Research at ALM, highlights, “Deloitte’s Digital Transformation Diagnostic supports a robust methodology to identify and quantify value opportunities. Deloitte’s business-aligned Technology Strategy Framework shapes the core tenets of the IT strategy (vision, operating model, architecture, required business and IT capabilities, applications, infrastructure, workforce, sourcing, information management, and performance measurement).”
“Disruption is touching every aspect of business and fundamentally changing the way we think about business and operating models,” said Gordon Shields, global Technology Strategy and Architecture practice leader, Deloitte Canada. “Against this backdrop, we are proud that ALM has recognized Deloitte’s steadfast commitment to helping build the IT function that successfully addresses the seismic shifts around us.”
The report lays out the opportunities and challenges for IT operations consulting providers focusing on market trends, client spending trends and forecasts, and the provider landscape, and includes profiles of select key organizations.
According to ALM, IT operations consulting is defined as “consulting focused on providers’ service offering and capabilities in the following areas during a period of great transformation of the IT function and the role of the CIO.”
“As businesses embrace new technologies, we are increasingly seeing the CIO in new light—as their role has transcended from the operational CIO to the strategic leader,” added Mike Habeck, Deloitte US Technology Strategy and Transformation leader. “Looking ahead, we will continue to help our clients navigate this unprecedented rate of change using our unique approach to transform the core disciplines of technology, while cultivating the CIO of the future.”
- “Deloitte’s Digital Transformation Diagnostic supports a robust methodology to identify and quantify value opportunities. Deloitte’s business-aligned Technology Strategy Framework shapes the core tenets of the IT strategy (vision, operating model, architecture, required business and IT capabilities, applications, infrastructure, workforce, sourcing, information management, and performance measurement). The main go-to-market approach involves four main dimensions, including strategy, structure, resources and execution. This is coupled with Deloitte’s CIO Program by which [Deloitte] strives to educate and drive change for CIOs.”
- “Deloitte’s IT Operations consulting services are housed within its Technology Strategy & Transformation group. The group’s core focus is to develop and implement strategies and transformation plans that maximize shareholder value. It explores the impact of market, technology, and scientific trends that are relevant to each client.
- “Deloitte's Digital Transformation Diagnostic is a very thorough approach supported by a robust methodology to identify and quantify value opportunities.”
- “Deloitte’s business-aligned Technology Strategy Framework shapes the core tenets of the IT strategy (vision, operating model, architecture, required business and IT capabilities, applications, infrastructure, workforce, sourcing, information management, and performance measurement).”
- “The main go-to-market approach involves four dimensions: strategy, structure, resources and execution. These components outline a target state environment and enable the performance of a gap analysis, which can then be addressed through prioritization of a set of sequenced initiatives and execution road map.”
- “[Deloitte’s] CIO Program includes personalized workshops geared toward new CIOs, boot camps for identified CIO successors, and CIO placement. As the role of the CIO evolves, the office of the CIO can serve as a catalyst, bringing in others to support functional domains (cybersecurity management, for example).”
- “Deloitte believes that the older IT function operating model is no longer sustainable and sees three big shifts involving the ways of working, resources and technology. Reshaping the enterprise and determining what needs to be different to gain competitive advantage is a key focus.”
- “The changing role of the CIO and the need to be a strategic and digital adviser within the organization as well as the future technology operating model (FTOM) are prime objectives.”
- “Deloitte also offers significant capabilities in the area of change management, particularly in what it takes to undertake change and the softer components of workforce management in times of significant change.”
- “Deloitte uses a data-driven approach to frame and support the message that focusing just on technology alone is not enough – it is the processes and talent that will make the difference.”
As used in this press release, “Deloitte” refers only to the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited member firms and their affiliates.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (“DTTL”), its global network of member firms and their related entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more.
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 264,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.