Deloitte named a leader in M&A strategy consulting in Europe by Kennedy
New York, NY, 17 June 2015 – Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) is pleased to announce that Kennedy has named Deloitte member firms (Deloitte) a leader in M&A Strategy Consulting in Europe in their report entitled M&A Strategy Consulting in Europe 2014.
The report lays out the opportunities and challenges for buyers and sellers of M&A Strategy Consulting related services in Europe focusing on market trends, client spending forecasts, and the provider landscape, and includes profiles of select key organization. The report notes, “There are now signs, however, that the long-awaited rebound in M&A activity is finally underway in Europe, and with it comes a renewed surge of demand for M&A strategy consulting services.”
Specifically for Deloitte, Kennedy notes, “Deloitte stands out for taking a primarily global approach to the European M&A strategy consulting market, as well as for being the only one of the Big 4 firms to focus primarily on serving large-cap clients.”
- “Operational Firms: Deloitte has much deeper and broader capabilities and is the strongest of the group in the strategic end of the market, which is reflected in the fact that it is the only firm in this group whose M&A strategy consulting revenues are in the top bracket. Deloitte is the clear leader of this competitive group and is the only firm from the group represented in The Kennedy Vanguard™ of M&A Strategy Consulting Providers in Europe.”
- “Deloitte offers a full suite of services built around a standardized, end-to-end model, though it is more focused on the operational end of the spectrum than on the strategic end. Deloitte stands out for taking a primarily global approach to the European M&A strategy consulting market, as well as for being the only one of the Big 4 firms to focus primarily on serving large-cap clients.
- “The large-cap focus fits well with Deloitte’s standardized, global approach, since local market nuances play a less important role on the largest deals, which are typically global in scope. Advising on the largest deals leaves Deloitte well positioned to compete for the large post-merger integration engagements that inevitably follow these deals. Of all the firms covered, Deloitte is the strongest in pre-deal integration planning and governance capability, the M&A strategy consulting capability most closely related to PMI work. However, this focus on the largest deals means Deloitte is more exposed to the cyclical volatility of the underlying M&A market.”
- “Deloitte is a leader in divestiture design and preparation, with significant experience helping both corporate and private equity clients carve out divested business units and stand them up as new businesses. Deloitte’s end-to-end service model is particularly well suited for carve-outs, which touch every functional area of the business. Deloitte’s success owes a lot to its emphasis on managing communications, overcoming resistance and maintaining focus during the divestment process.”
- “Deloitte brings significant client benefits in the pre-deal integration planning and governance segment of the market through the systematic incorporation of best practices and lessons learned from its extensive experience working on some of the largest and most complex post-merger integrations across the globe, while its standardized approach to project management and governance saves time and reduces costs and risks.”
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a more detailed description of DTTL and its member firms.
Deloitte provides audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte’s more than 200,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.