Audit & assurance
Auditing is a highly complex process, and the importance of auditors as a vital link in the financial reporting chain has never been more important nor their role as trusted advisors more valued.
Our global network of audit professionals provide a range of audit and advisory services to assist clients in achieving their business objectives, managing their risk and improving their business performance. Our state-of-the-art tools enable Deloitte audit professionals to deliver the assurance service quality and excellence that is implicit in the Deloitte brand and that the financial community, regulator and public expect.
We provide audit and accounting advisory services to a number of major companies across all industries in West Africa. Our clients include some of the largest companies in the banking, insurance, asset management and securities sectors. This client portfolio has allowed us to gain extensive African experience in the industry.
The success of Deloitte in providing assurance and advisory services is maintained through the continuous development of our professionals. Our approach reflects the increasingly stringent demands for accuracy and accountability. Deloitte's audit practitioners seek to add value by anticipating problems and providing constructive and realistic solutions.
Our audit involves an in-depth understanding of our client's business internal controls, and risk spectrum in order to develop an approach that is tailored to the client's needs. Before making audit planning decisions and to help in assessing risk, we conduct diagnostics and an analytical review.
Some of our services include:
- Audit of financial statements that have been prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and other valid standards
- Review of accounting and internal control systems
- Consulting on accounting principles, the chart of accounts and organization of finance and accounting departments
- Comprehensive advice on implementation of International Financial Reporting Standards, including interpretation and application of complex standards
- Assistance with the establishment of reporting departments
- Advisory services for the calculation of employee benefits, impairment of assets, provisions for asset retirement obligations and other long-term provisions
- Assistance with business valuations, valuation of assets and liabilities and determination of goodwill in accordance with IFRS 3