2019 Global Automotive Consumer Study has been saved
2019 Global Automotive Consumer Study
Consumer trends in the automotive industry
For the past 10 years, Deloitte has surveyed consumers around the world to identify trends in the automotive industry across countries and generations. Explore the latest data and insights around automotive consumer trends in our 2019 Global Automotive Consumer Study.
- Download the full report
- Explore automotive trends
- Download the European report
- Download the Americas report
- Download the Asia Pacific report
Consumers pump the brakes on autonomous vehicle adoption
Consumer interest in self-driving vehicles lags the pace of investment in advanced vehicle technology, according to data from our most recent annual survey, the 2019 Deloitte Global Automotive Consumer Study. In this year’s study, we continue to examine consumer interest in advanced automotive technologies, including autonomous
- Consumer trust in autonomous vehicles (AVs) appears to be stalling. In the United States, 50 percent of survey respondents do not believe AVs will be safe—nearly the same as last year’s 47 percent but drastically different from 2017, when 74 percent voiced safety concerns. Consumer confidence in AV safety also plateaued in China, Japan, South Korea, India, and Germany.
- Consumers now have more choice than ever about mobility, leading to an array of new decisions about how to get around and how to connect while they’re on the move.
- Consumers are looking to governments to increase regulation. An overwhelming percentage of consumers in most countries indicated they wanted “significant oversight,” including 56 percent of US consumers.
- Electric vehicles (EVs) have captured worldwide consumer interest. While 29 percent of US survey respondents would prefer a hybrid, battery, or another alternative to traditional drive-trains for their next vehicle—up from 20 percent last year—low fuel prices, relaxed emissions standards, and fewer rebates could dampen US EV adoption.
2019 Global Automotive Consumer Study: Europe
New data from our 2019 Global Automotive Consumer Study: Europe explores trends for advancing usage and technology developments among European consumers. The European version of the report takes a direct look at consumer attitudes from Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom.
For more details on these emerging automotive industry trends in Europe, download the full report.
2019 Global Automotive Consumer Study: Americas
In our 2019 Global Automotive Consumer Study: Americas, we present trends in usage and technology developments and look at consumer attitudes in Canada, the United States, Mexico, and Brazil. Explore new data on consumer opinion in the Americas about advanced vehicle technologies and multimodal transportation.
For more details on emerging automotive industry trends in the Americas, download the full report.
2019 Global Automotive Consumer Study: Asia Pacific
Our 2019 Global Automotive Consumer Study: Asia Pacific (APAC) takes a look at mobility trends and consumer attitudes in China, Japan, Korea, India, Southeast Asia, and Australia, with a deep dive on the China market. Explore new data on how consumers in APAC feel about advanced vehicle technologies and multimodal transportation.
For more on emerging automotive industry trends in APAC, download the full report.
About the Deloitte Global Automotive Consumer Study
In September and October of 2018, Deloitte surveyed more than 25,000 consumers in 20 countries around the world to explore consumer automotive trends and preferences on a variety of critical issues in the automotive sector. The goal of the annual study is to answer key questions that can help companies prioritize and better position business strategies and investments.