GICSP exam preparation training
A compact 3-day training preparing you for the GICSP exam
The GICSP Certification was created to define a minimum set of knowledge and capabilities that professionals should have about the cyber security of an ICS (Industrial Control System) environment. The certification is a collaborative effort between GIAC and representatives from a global industry consortium involving organizations that design, deploy, operate and/or maintain industrial automation and control system infrastructure. Would you like to become GICSP certified? We can help you prepare for the exam by providing a 3 day course and a self-study materials.
8 - 10 July 2019 | The Hague
The Deloitte GIAC GICSP Certification course is an intensive, three-day course with the goal to prepare participants for the GICSP exam. It covers a broad range of topics based on the GICSP Certification objectives.
What can you expect:
- A solid preparation for your GICSP-exam
- Thorough explanation of key concepts
- Practical exam tips to help increase your success rate
- Insights in war-stories based on real life experiences
- Unique ICS environment demonstration to make the training material as tangible as possible
- A good balance between the theory and assignments to keep the training fresh
Our course is always fully up to date with the latest GICSP exam requirements. Exam price is not included in the price of the training!
The course is particularly suited for cyber security professionals who need to develop their knowledge of OT environments as well as OT specialists who need to secure their ICS/SCADA environments.
The recommended audience for this course is:
- IT Professionals and IT Security Professionals who want or need to learn about OT security
- OT Security and Support Professionals
- Industrial engineers
- Managers who wish to increase their knowledge of the ICS/SCADA environments and security
- Penetration testers interested in the field of ICS security
Date & location
8 - 10 July 2019
4 - 6 November 2019
The course and accompanying material will be in English.
The exam has 115 questions with the time limit of 3 hours. Minimum passing score is 69%.
Participants can book an exam at a desired date and time at a Pearson VUE test centre of their choice.
More information about the exam can be found here https://www.giac.org/. The price of the exam is not included in the price of the training.
- History of ICS
- ICS model
- Security Design Principles
- IP protocols
- ICS Protocols
- Engineering lingo & PLC programming
- Health, Environment & Safety
- Introduction to network security and segmentation
- Practice exam
- ICS attacks and tooling
- ICS servers, workstations and OS’s: Windows, Linux
- Governance and information assurance
- Risk Management
- ICS demo
- Continuity planning & incident response
- Security updates
- Wireless Security
- Access Management
- Introduction to cryptography
- Monitoring, audit, logs and forensics
- Practice exam
- Closing drinks
The costs are € 3500,- ex VAT. Catering (lunch) and course materials are included in the price. The cost of the GICSP exam is not included in the price.
Until four weeks before the start of the course you may cancel your participation by email free of charge, or you may propose to attend on another date. Should you cancel within four weeks before the start of the course you will have to pay the full course fee.
In the event of insufficient participants we reserve the right to cancel the course at any time or move the date of the event. If so, you will be informed in due time.