Leadership Agility for Executives and Non-Executives Is opgeslagen
Leadership Agility for Executives and Non-Executives
Cultivating Leadership and Growth
How aware are you of your favorite leadership styles and how often do you get stuck using the same approach? And how rich is the repertoire of alternative leadership approaches at your fingertips? This program is intended to map out the leadership styles you currently employ and to recognize where they are effective and where alternative leadership behaviors would be more beneficial. You will gain insight into the strengths and pitfalls of your current approaches, while exploring alternative leadership styles you are less familiar with.
“In July 2018 Harvard Business Review reported that only 32% of CEOs believed that they were prepared enough for their job."
You are accountable for (co-)leading an organization and you:
1. Really don’t know enough about leadership as your MBA was 10+ years ago; and you didn’t have time to catch up with the 20+ styles at your disposal.
2. Frankly feel underprepared to deal with all the complex, disruptive changes around you.
3. Humbly admit to having underinvested in your own agility; your interpersonal skills need upgrading and your learning ability can use a check-up.
For all these reasons, and more, you are kindly invited to join a group of equally Enlightened Executives and invest in your leadership agility!
What will this Executive Curriculum bring to you?
In this programm six key learning objectives will be pursued simultaneously:
- Awareness. Learning starts with achieving a deeper understanding of oneself – which styles do I master, which do I prefer and why? What are my drivers and my blockages?
- Enhancement. Besides understanding one’s current state, the learning is also directed towards broadening one’s repertoire of styles and getting better at each.
- Practice. To truly get better at leadership requires practice and this program offers a stimulating environment to gain experience by doing.
- Cases. By discussing leadership challenges together with peers, participants will also gain inspiration and ideas from others.
- Mindset. By explicitly working on one’s leadership, each person should feel strengthened and more in control, while at the same time daring to be more vulnerable and open-minded.
- Insight. Besides useful, the program will be intellectually stimulating, offering new knowledge and challenging existing assumptions.
For this program we have personally invited senior executives and non-executives who have the ambition to grow from good to great leaders. You will meet men and women from a variety of leading organizations who realize that being in a senior management position does not automatically mean that one is a leader.
On the contrary, program participants are people who realize that there are high expectations about the leadership capabilities of senior managers, so the leadership bar they need to jump over is high… and they are willing to practice jumping. It will be an inspiring group, from whom you will learn just as much as from the facilitators.
Are you interested? Mail your contact details to: email@example.com
- wicked vs tame
- integrative thinking
- getting unstuck: ‘finding your mother-paradox’
What is Leadership?
- what is leadership not?
- defining leadership
- management vs leadership
- control-driven firms vs empowerment-driven firms
- the Leadership Agility Model
The Leader as Strategist
- visionary vs pragmatic
- executive vs entrepreneurial
The Leader as Sense-Maker
- value-driven vs virtue-driven
- sovereign vs servant
The Leader as Organizer
- integrative vs federative
- democratic vs autocratic
The Leader as Coach
- supervisory vs facilitative
- appreciative vs demanding
The Leader as Rolemodel
- consistent vs responsive
- reflective vs proactive
Developing Leadership Agility
- 4 personality layers
- 4 learning strategies mastering combining
Meyer and Meijers combine state-of-the-art business school research with hands-on practical applicability. Successful participation will be rewarded with the certificate: ‘Master of Leadership Agility’.
January 2020 - 24-hrs session 1
Start: 23 January 2020: 12.00 a.m.
To: 24 January 2020: 12.00 a.m.
March 2020 - 24-hrs session 2
Start: 5 March 2020: 12.00 a.m.
To: 6 March 2020: 12.00 a.m.
Online coaching 1
April 2020 - 24-hrs session 3
Start: 16 April 2019: 12.00 a.m.
To: 17 April 2019: 12:00 a.m.
Online coaching 2
May 2020 - 24-hrs session 4
Start: 14 May 2020: 12.00 a.m.
To: 15 May 2020: 12:00 a.m.
Online coaching 3
June 2020 - 24-hrs session 5
Start: 18 June 2020: 12.00 a.m.
To: 19 June 2020: 12:00 a.m.
Time frame Program:
5 x 24-hours sessions
4 x online coach-sessions
The total programme fee is € 14.950 per person (ex. VAT)
This fee also includes:
- Education materials
- Book Leadership Agility,
- Coffee, tea, breakfast, lunch and diner
- Hotel stays
- Course materials.
Taster Board Sessions
To introduce potential participants to this new program, we organize two Taster Board Sessions (duration 3 hours). At the Taster Board Session you will discover what the program can mean for you and whether this can be interesting.
One more moment is planned for the Taster Session:
• November 5th, 2019
In case you wish to register for one of the Taster Board Sessions, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facilitators of the course
Ron Meyer is Managing Director of the Center for Strategy & Leadership and Professor of Strategic Leadership at Tias School for Business and Society, Tilburg University in the Netherlands. For years, Ron has been combining boardroom consulting with in-house management trainings and applied management research. Besides that Ron gives speeches and presentations on topics such as corporate strategy, business innovation, change management, strategic thinking, leadership and organizational development. He has (co-)authored numerous articles and books, among which the internationally leading textbook Strategy - Process, Content, Context: An International Perspective.
Ronald Meijers is senior partner Leadership, Transformation and Governance at Deloitte. For years, Ronald has been engaged in boardroom coaching and consulting, while fulfilling various management roles in professional services firms, such as co-chairman of the executive board of Krauthammer. He sits/sat on various supervisory and advisory boards, e.g. at Dunamare, an education group. He gives key-notes on topics such as corporate culture, organizational collaboration, change management, creative thinking, leadership and governance. He has (co-)authored numerous articles, books and columns, among others in Management Team and Management Scope.
Together Ron and Ronald wrote Leadership Agility-Developing Your Repertoire of Leadership Styles
Deloitte Academy is an NBA (Netherlands Institute of Chartered Accountants) approved PE institution. Also it contains the NRTO quality mark. A total of 50 PE points is awarded for the total course. It is also possible to register PE-hours at NOB en VRC.
For more information about our accreditation we kindly refer you to our Permanent Education page.
Until four weeks before the start of the course you may cancel your participation in writing free of charge, or you may propose to attend on another date. Should you cancel within four weeks before the start of the course you will have to pay the full registration fee. In the event of insufficient participants we reserve the right to cancel the course at any time or move the date of the event. If so, you will be informed in due time.