Declarative Development for Platform App Builders
Are you ready to move beyond Salesforce administration to unlock even greater capabilities through declarative programming? Master Salesforce’s suite of click-not-code options for developing valuable apps and functionality over five days of guided scenarios, lectures, and discussion. Build your knowledge of app deployment, automation tools, security, UI customization, and more!
28 May - 1 June 2018 | Utrecht | 18 - 22 June 2018 Nieuwegein | 10 - 14 September 2018 Utrecht
Who should take this course?
Declarative Development for Platform App Builders is ideal for administrators, system integrators, and independent software vendors (ISVs) with an interest in honing their app development, deployment, and advanced Salesforce administration skills.
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Design and manage the correct data model based on business requirements
- Configure application security
- Define business logic and process automation declaratively
- Design user interfaces
- Customize applications for mobile use and Lightning
- Deploy applications.
The following experience and credentials are required for successfully mastering all skills discussed in this course:
- At least six months of proven experience administering a Salesforce organization, as demonstrated through the successful completion of the Salesforce Certified Administrator exam.
- At least six months building custom elements in Salesforce, such as page layouts, fields, workflows, and processes.
Modules & Topics
Building Your Data Model Declaratively
- Capabilities of Core CRM Objects
- Boundaries of Declarative Customizations
- Use Cases for Programmatic Customizations
- Determining an Appropriate Data Model
- Relationship Types and Impact on Record Access, User Interface, and Reporting
- Considerations for Changing Field Types
- Considerations of the Schema Builder
- Considerations for Importing and Exporting Data
- Use Cases of External Objects
Crafting Your User Interface
- Customization Options
- Custom Buttons, Links, and Actions
- List Views
- Record Types
- Social Features
- UI Design Best Practices
Constructing Business Logic
- Formula Fields
- Roll-up Summary Fields
- Validation Rules
Maintaining Record and Data Security
- Restricting and Extending Object, Record, and Field Access
- Determining Appropriate Sharing Solutions
Automating Business Processes
- Lightning Process Builder
- Workflows and Approvals
- Automating Business Processes
- Ramifications of Field Updates and Potential for Recursion
Deploying Your App
- Application Lifecycle
- Change Sets
- Unmanaged and Managed Packages
- Determining an Appropriate Deployment Plan
Designing Advanced User Interface Components
- Creating Reports
- Report Types
- Declarative Options for Incorporating Lightning Components
- Declarative Customizations Available for the Salesforce1 User Interface
Deciding When Declarative Isn’t Enough
- Limits of Declarative Tools
- Programmatic Use-cases
- AppExchange Apps
Date, location and time
The five-day course will be in the Utrecht or Amsterdam. The course starts at 09.00 and ends at 17.00 hours. You can also register for this course in one of the other cities. Send us an email in which country you want to attend and which date.
28 May - 1 June 2018 in Utrecht
18 - 22 June 2018 in Nieuwegein
10 - 14 September 2018 in Utrecht.
The costs are € 3,625 excluding VAT. This includes lunches, coffee and tea and course material.
Until four weeks before the start of the course you may cancel your participation in writing free of charge, or you may propose to attend on another date. Should you cancel within four weeks before the start of the course you will have to pay the full course fee. In the event of insufficient participants we reserve the right to cancel the course at any time or move the date of the event. If so, you will be informed in due time.
Deloitte Academy is Authorised Training Reseller of salesforce.com in the EMEA region. Training will be given by official certified Salesforce trainers.