Getting started with Journey Builder (JB101)
If you are a Marketing Cloud user or administrator who is responsible for developing the email journey your customers will take with your organization, this hands-on course is an essential class for you. In this one-day course, you will learn the fundamentals of a customer journey. You will then explore Contact Builder and how to set up your data in order to leverage the data in Journey Builder. In Journey Builder, you will learn to create and develop strategic customer interactions within various Journey Builder activities.
Who should take this course?
Getting Started with Journey Builder is designed for individuals in the following roles:
- Administrators responsible for the setup, configuration, and maintenance of their organization’s Marketing Cloud
- Content editors and publishers who will assist in the setup of customer journeys.
- Channel managers who are responsible for the marketing automation channel within an organization.
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Engage in critical thinking in regards to the customer journey.
- Create and relate data structures in Contact Builder.
- Build an interaction with various activities.
- Optimize journeys through versioning.
Students taking this course should have experience creating data extensions, import definitions, and data relationships, and have knowledge of executing import definitions, segmentation using Drag-and-Drop Segmentation, and should understand the following key concepts: Primary Key, Subscriber Key, All Subscribers, and Send Relationships. Students who have already attended the Email Essentials (EEB101) course will be well prepared to take this class.
Date & location
The one-day course will be held in Utrecht, Nieuwegein or Amsterdam.
The course starts at 09.00 and ends at 17.00. You can also register for this course in one of the other cities. Send us an email in which country you want to attend and which date.
The cost of the course are € 725 excl. VAT, including officially certified Salesforce course materials, coffee and tea and lunch.
Modules & Topics
- Describe why customer journeys are important
- Define the customer journey
- Identify how to create 1:1 customer journeys
- Define the Marketing Cloud
- Log in to the Marketing Cloud
- Define Contact Builder
- Describe and use the various tools in Contact
- Reiterate the concepts of Subscriber Key, Primary Key, and Contact Key
- Define Journey Builder
- Define an Interaction
- Build an Interaction
- Create an Entry Event
- Utilize various Journey Builder activities
Monitoring and Optimizing
- Set a goal
- Test the Interaction
- Review metrics
- Create a new version of an Interaction
Cancellation by Deloitte
Deloitte Academy reserves the right to cancel the course at any time or move the date of the event. If so, you will be informed in due time.
Cancellation by participant
Until four weeks (up to 16 Business days) before the start of the course you may cancel your participation, free of charge, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Moving your participation to a different date involves costs. In the overview below you will find the cancellation and Transfer costs. Should you be unable to attend, a colleague may also take your place, without any additional costs. Should this occur, we would appreciate it if you could inform us in time.
|Cancellation or request for transfer by participant||Cancellation costs||Expenses due to transfer|
|4 weeks (up to 16 Business days) before the start of the course||0%||0%|
|3 - 2 weeks (15 to 10 Business days) before the start of the course||50%||25%|
|1 week (5 Business days) before the start of the course||100%||50%|