Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming with Force.com Code (ADM231)
This course is designed for Salesforce administrators who would like to learn the basics of implementing business logic using Apex, the primary programming language of the Salesforce platform. First, you’ll learn how to read Apex code and then you’ll gradually increase your programming skills from writing single debugging statements to programming multiple, multi-line blocks of code.
What will you learn?
When you complete this course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe use cases for Apex
- Write, test, and migrate applications containing debugging statements
- Create Apex classes, Apex triggers, and SOQL queries
- Create, read, update, and delete data using Apex DML
- Describe how governor limits manage shared resources and impact Apex programming.
Who should take this course?
Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming using Apex is designed for people who are familiar with the Salesforce application user interface and customizing applications using the Setup menu. It is meant to provide an understanding of object-oriented programming in the context of Apex and the Salesforce platform. No prior programming experience required.
The costs are € 3,625 excluding VAT. This includes lunches, coffee and tea and course material.
Course participants should be familiar with the Salesforce User Interface.
Introduction to Apex
- Overview, including Apex usage scenarios, the development lifecycle, and execution methods
- An introduction to object-oriented programming, classes, and objects
Apex Class Construction
- Classes and objects, including passing and returning variables, encapsulation, conditions and logic flow control, loops, and exception handling
Testing, Debugging, and Application Lifecycle
- Debugging scenarios, methods, and tools
- Test classes, unit testing, testing requirements and strategies, and considerations and best practices
- Deployment checklist, preparation steps, and tools
Retrieving and Manipulating Application Data
- Retrieve application data using queries, written in SOQL or SOSL
- Insert, update, merge, and delete records using Apex data manipulation language (DML)
- Introduction to Apex triggers, including when to use a trigger, order of execution, creation and development considerations, and governors and limitations
Cancellation and Transfer conditions
Cancellation by Deloitte
Deloitte Academy reserves the right to cancel the course at any time or move the date of the event. If so, you will be informed in due time.
Cancellation by participant
Until four weeks (up to 16 Business days) before the start of the course you may cancel your participation, free of charge, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Moving your participation to a different date involves costs. In the overview below you will find the cancellation and Transfer costs. Should you be unable to attend, a colleague may also take your place, without any additional costs. Should this occur, we would appreciate it if you could inform us in time.
|Cancellation or request for transfer by participant||Cancellation costs||Expenses due to transfer|
|4 weeks (up to 16 Business days) before the start of the course||0%||0%|
|3 - 2 weeks (15 to 10 Business days) before the start of the course||50%||25%|
|1 week (5 Business days) before the start of the course||100%||50%|