Lightning components implementation for platform developers (DEV460)
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Create Lightning Applications and Components.
- Surface Lightning Components in Salesforce1.
- Surface Lightning Components in Lightning Pages using the Lightning App Builder.
- Apply SLDS to use the Salesforce Lightning Experience look and feel.
- Work with the Lightning Component Bundle.
- Use attributes and expressions to store and display data.
- Apply best practices related to component development.
- Invoke Apex methods in a secure fashion from component controllers.
- Use the event framework to make an app interactive.
- Have a solid understanding of basic Salesforce concepts.
- Have 1 year of programming experience in Java (or another object-oriented programming language).
- Understand basic data modeling concepts for relational databases.
- Be able to use basic SQL.
- Be able to write basic HTML.
Modules & Topics
Setting up a Custom Domain
Introducing AW Computing (Optional)
Deploying a Custom Domain
Choosing Among UI Frameworks
Working with Salesforce-provided Frameworks for Responsive Web Development
Deciding Between Lightning and Visualforce
Creating a Lightning Application
Building a Lightning Application from Components
Identifying Resources in the Resource Bundles
Adding Style Using CSS
Surfacing a Lightning Component
Debugging a Lightning Component
Enabling Debug Mode for all Lightning Components
Working with console.log()
Understanding the debugger; statement
Working with the Salesforce Lightning Inspector Chrome Extension
Accessing Data in a Lightning Component (Part 1)
Understanding Server-side vs. Client-side Controllers
Working with Attributes
Writing Expressions for Components
Accessing Data in a Lightning Component (Part 2)
Handling the Standard Initialization Event
Iterating over a Result Set
Navigating to a Record
Making Lightning Apps Interactive Using Events
Defining a Custom Event
Registering and Firing a Custom Component Event
Handling a Custom Event
Further Topics (Optional)
Handling a Standard Aura Event
Testing CRUD and FLS Permissions
Date, location and time
The one-day course will be in the Utrecht or Amsterdam. The course starts at 09.00 and ends at 17.00 hours. You can also register for this course in one of the other cities. Send us an email in which country you want to attend and which date.
The costs are € 725 excluding VAT. This includes lunch, coffee and tea and course material.
Until four weeks before the start of the course you may cancel your participation in writing free of charge, or you may propose to attend on another date. Should you cancel within four weeks before the start of the course you will have to pay the full course fee. In the event of insufficient participants we reserve the right to cancel the course at any time or move the date of the event. If so, you will be informed in due time.
Deloitte Academy is Authorised Training Reseller of salesforce.com in the EMEA region. Training will be given by official certified Salesforce trainers.