Frequently Asked Questions has been saved
Frequently Asked Questions
All your questions answered
Go directly to
- When can I apply?
- About the awards ceremony
- About the Global BMC programme
- What is the Best Managed Companies programme?
- How does a company apply to be one of the Netherlands’ Best Managed Companies?
- What are the application criteria?
- What makes Best Managed Companies distinctive and different from other programmes?
- Are there any costs attached to applying for the Best Managed Companies programme?
- When do applications close?
- About the awards ceremony
- About the global programme
1. What is the Best Managed Companies programme?
The Best Managed Companies programme is a deep dive into the company’s strategic and operational management by using different perspectives: your management, employees and supervisory board, Deloitte experts, and other Tier 1 players. It is a great way to recognise overall business performance and growth as well as advice on how to improve weak spots. Besides that, the programme also offers a network of peers and is closed off by an amazing event.
2. How does a company apply to be one of the Netherlands’ Best Managed Companies?
If you are interested and meet the criteria, you can apply by filling in the form on the registration page (registration is closed for BMC 2020). Once you are registered, you will receive the invite to fill in the Quickscan; phase 1 of the programme. The Quickscan verifies eligibility and should only take approx. 10-15 minutes to complete the online form with the information on-hand.
If your participation is approved after evaluating the Quickscan, you’ll be invited for the second phase of the programme. In this phase we gather insights into all levels of your organisation, by means of questionnaires and a lab session. The result of this deep dive is a report setting out actionable next steps. Read more on the exact programme in this article.
The programme will be closed off by a spectacular award event, celebrating the Dutch business excellence.
4. What makes Best Managed Companies distinctive and different from other programmes?
The Best Managed Companies is a programme that focusses on the entire company, not on the individual. Different perspectives from within the company are used to create deep insights: your management, employees and supervisory board. The gathered information will be further analysed during an interactive session (lab) with participants of your company, and transformed into actionable next steps.
8. About the awards ceremony
We welcome the participants of Best Managed Companies Netherlands to join us at our BMC Festival awards ceremony where we celebrate the achievements of all the companies. During the event a jury of corporate leaders, presents excellence awards to BMC companies that really stand out in one of the fundamental pillars, such as culture and commitment.
9. About the global programme
The Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies is currently active in more than 20 countries in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific. The programme commenced in Canada more than 25 years ago and the most recent launches include the US, China, Australia and programs in Southeast Asia. The Netherlands is one of the original four countries, hosting the BMC since 2008.
External experts conduct an extensive (and free of charge) company-wide analysis
'Outstanding leadership, an innovative mindset and adaptive power will help you through these exceptional times'