Health & Wellness Progress Report 2018
CPG forum members show industry leadership
Global consumer demand is evolving towards healthier products. The Health & Wellness Progress Report 2018 shows how FMCG-companies are turning this demand into action, with 97% running programmes to support healthier diets and lifestyles.
- Download the Health & Wellness Report
- Key findings Health & Wellness Report
- View the infographic
Empowering consumers to adopt healthier lifestyles
In consumer goods and retail, understanding and anticipating the shifting needs and desires of our consumers is more vital than any other success factor. Health and wellness topics are more frequently top-of-mind and people are looking to use products and services that will help them lead fuller, healthier, longer, and more productive lives. The Health & Wellness Progress Report, developed in conjunction with Deloitte, details how members of the Consumer Goods Forum (CGF) are working together to empower consumers and employees around the world to live healthier lives.
Key findings Health & Wellness Progress report 2018
The Health & Wellness Progress report 2018 illustrates how health and wellness is gaining in importance in FMCG boardrooms. The key findings of the report include:
- 88% of consumer goods companies formulated and/or reformulated products to support healthier diets and lifestyles
- 58% stopped marketing to children under 12 of products that do not fulfil specific nutrition criteria
- 85% have formed partnerships with community stakeholders
- CGF members partnered with over 527,000 schools in 2017 to help children learn healthy habits, up 37% since last year
- Over 1.6 million employees participated in health and wellness programs, an increase of 23% since last year
- 58% of respondents participated in food bank programs, distributing 180 million meals and donating over 77,000 tonnes of food
About the report
The goal of the Health & Wellness Progress report is to provide a platform for industry collaboration - a means of harnessing the collective power of Consumer Goods Forum (CGF) members to help them provide solutions for healthier consumers, employees, and communities around the world. Companies, from manufacturers to retailers, are in a position to make a difference.
This report, the fifth edition since the CGF’s Health & Wellness initiative was launched in 2011, helps us to further measure our progress made towards the CGF Health & Wellness Resolutions and Commitments. The Health & Wellness Progress report is the only such global survey covering both retailers and consumer goods manufacturers.