Spotlight on the Dutch Hotel Industry
European Hotel Investment Survey
How do hospitality stakeholders perceive the hotel industry? During the annual European Hotel Investment Conference, we surveyed investors, owners, operators, lenders and developers in the hotel industry on their thoughts about the Dutch and wider European trends & developments.
Focus on European & Dutch Hotel Industry Developments
Each year, attendees of the Deloitte European Hotel Investment Conference take part in our industry survey. We created a custom factsheet on the current and future trends & developments of the Dutch and wider European hotel industry.
Several highlights of the survey:
- Amsterdam retains the top spot as the most attractive European city for investment whilst London slips to 4th place.
- Despite Baby boomers having the highest disposable income, > 60% think that the Millennials and Generation X have the biggest potential to drive business over the next 5 years.
- Even though the Netherlands is considered a "safe zone", the biggest risk to the hotel industry in the coming years is the threat of terrorism.
- Over a third says they would invest in small innovative hotel companies over traditional established hotels.
- 50% say that the biggest area for revenue & profitability growth is operational optimization (e.g. staff planning, procurement, automation).
About the research
Over 90 senior hospitality figures from across the world, including owners, lenders, developers and investors answered a series of questions on the European hotel investment market to ascertain their views of key trends and how these will shape the industry in 2018 and beyond.
Would you like to know more about the Deloitte Hotel Investment Survey or about the developments in the hospitality branche? Please do not hesitate to contact us through the contact details below.