Spotlight on the Dutch Hotel Industry 2019
European Hotel Investment Survey
Amsterdam retains the top spot as the most attractive European city for hotel investments in 2019. Find out what other results, trend & developments we have identified for the Dutch & European hotel market in our factsheet.
Focus on European & Dutch Hotel Industry Developments
Each year, attendees of the Deloitte European Hotel Investment Conference take part in our industry survey. We created a custom factsheet on the current and future trends & developments of the Dutch and wider European hotel industry.
Several highlights of the survey:
- Amsterdam retains the top spot for most attractive European city for investment in 2019. London follows as a distant second, closely followed by Paris.
- According to the survey, 32% say the Netherlands is at the peak of the investment cycle.
- ‘Overtourism’ appeared for the first time in the top 5 sources of risks to the European hotel industry in the next 5 years. The biggest source of risk being the lack of economic growth.
- 45% of the respondents view lack of investment opportunities as the key challenge for their organization over the next 5 years.
- 74% believe there should be more brands. The greatest branding opportunities exist for targeting millennials in the economy segment (says 55%) and midscale ‘extended stay’ segment (says 49%).
About the research
These are the key findings from the Deloitte European Hotel Investment Survey, conducted as part of the annual European Hotel Investment Conference. The survey represents the view of a sample of senior hospitality figures, including owners, operators, lenders, developers and investors. The report additionally includes insights from the Dutch Hospitality practice at Deloitte.
Would you like to know more about the Deloitte Hotel Investment Survey or about the developments in the hospitality branche? Please do not hesitate to contact us through the contact details below.
The implications of the GDPR on personal data and personalized service