The Rich, Untapped Future of Augmented Reality for Customer Experience has been saved
The Rich, Untapped Future of Augmented Reality for Customer Experience
Deloitte Digital and Snap Inc. Report
Deloitte Digital and Snap Inc. have conducted one of the largest and most comprehensive global “Consumer Augmented Reality” reports to further understand the potential of this technology, the findings of which affirm AR’s role as the next frontier of mobile and digital engagement and identify how AR can help brands elevate their customer experience.
With 74% of global consumers expecting augmented reality (AR) to be even more important in their lives in the next five years, AR has the power to redefine a brand’s digital customer experience and mobile engagement.
Key Takeaways for the Netherlands
- AR adoption is tracking with the mobile usage boom - by 2025, over 60% of the Netherland's population and almost all people who use social / communication apps will be frequent AR users.
- 72% of people successfully identify AR when they see it, but when talking about it, they have a hard time defining or describing what it is.
- 68% of Snapchatters in the Netherlands and across generations use AR to have fun; the majority are discovering AR through social / communications apps.
- AR is generally seen as a “toy”, but 76% of people expect and desire to use it as a practical “tool” in their everyday lives.
- Interacting with products that have AR experiences leads to a 94% higher conversion rate.
Read more about the Global report
The report, which evaluated responses from 15,000 U.S. domestic and international consumers, about half of which use Snapchat, shows that AR has the power to impact a business’ bottom line, not only driving customer connections but significantly driving conversions. AR has made the move to utility: no longer seen as just a toy (used to try out hairstyles or send playful videos between friends), but now as a meaningful engagement tool for brands, where consumers can, for example, virtually try on beauty products or envision a piece of furniture in their home. This growth in AR usage represents how virtual commerce is becoming more accessible, ultimately changing the shopping experience for consumers.
Read more about the Global report in their press release!
Deloitte Digital helps companies create new growth by elevating the human experience — with connected ideas, technology and talent. Our ambition is to make the best customer-oriented organizations in the world. Alongside all of Deloitte, we foster the connections necessary to shape a better future for our clients, our culture, our society and our planet.