Talent management remains a top business and HR issue as organisations report capability and leadership challenges worldwide. Technology, globalization, and growing government regulation are reshaping the way people work, learn, collaborate, and lead. New, innovative HR programs are becoming essential to attract and keep critical talent in an increasingly demand-driven talent market. Given the complexity of this environment, many organizations are finding it difficult to navigate the path forward. That's where we can help. Deloitte's Talent Strategy teams work with you to ensure that your people strategies enable your business strategy. Our services include Workforce Planning, Talent Sourcing and Acquisition, Performance, Engagement, Learning, Leadership, Career Development and Succession, Diversity & Inclusion, and Talent Analytics. With an effective talent strategy, you can put the right people, with the right skills and tools, anywhere in the world—and give them opportunities to grow and develop to meet evolving business needs.
Disruptive forces are impacting all organisations. A talent strategy helps organisations understand: What does the future work, worker and workplace look like, and what workforce investments need to be made to transition from today? The Talent Strategy defines the journey required to transition from today to deliver the workforce of the future. It addresses dynamic external trends, the business strategy and current talent practices to maximize the impact and align talent investments over a 5-year time horizon.
Our approach to Talent Strategy uses business and industry insights, workforce data and best practice approaches to define the investments and journey required to transition from the current state to deliver the future work, worker and workplace your business requires. We deliver this through:
Business alignment: Analysis of dxternal insights into the trends shaping your workforce; identification of the differentiating capabilities needed to deliver the business strategy, and bringing leaders together on a common 5 year Talent Vision for the business
Strategic Workforce Planning: Identification of critical workforce segments and sources of value within your workforce; Supply and demand analysis forecasts by workforce segment; Sourcing strategies and robust data to underpin workforce investments
Talent Solutions: Talent management maturity assessment; Leadership alignment and engagement around the case for change and development of a compelling story about investments over three horizons to deliver the vision
Talent Strategy Roadmap: 5-year Talent Roadmap; Execution / action plans for the coming 12 months for specific initiatives; and identification of measures and monitoring mechanisms for the Talent Strategy
A Talent Strategy defines the investments that should be made over a 5-10 year timeframe to deliver on business priorities, for example through:
- Understanding how industry and workforce realities are impacting the talent landscape
- Defining the 5-10 year workforce vision in the context of industry challenges and business priorities
- Defining distinctive capabilities that will support delivery of the strategy and segmenting the workforce to identify which roles drive the most economic value
- Strategic Workforce Planning to drive sourcing decisions over a 5-10 year timeframe
- Assessment of talent management maturity and workforce effectiveness
- Development of a talent strategy and roadmap which outlines strategic interventions to enable the business to source and retain critical skills over a 5-10 year timeframe
- Defining measures to monitor and review the impact of talent strategy interventions