Deloitte xMed Innovation Challenge
The healthcare sector is in the midst of a time where rapidly developing technologies enable us to radically improve and disrupt the future of healthcare. Even though it is a challenge to use and understand these technologies, at Deloitte we believe that some of us are able to innovate or even disrupt the healthcare sector to play a significant role in shaping and influencing healthcare in the future.
The theme of our challenge is the following:
Going beyond the pill - overcoming the dangers in your medicine cabinet
Applying exponential thinking to behavior change in prescribing, adherence, addiction, abuse and usage.
Do you recognize yourself in this theme? Then we are looking for you!
Deloitte NL and Deloitte US are working together for the coming Exponential Medicine conference of November 6-9th in San Diego. Together with Deloitte US, Rockstart, and VvAA, the new Deloitte NL brand, Digital Health Compliance is organizing the Deloitte xMed Innovation Challenge. This challenge is focused on European start-ups that will impact the next generation patient experience along the following main categories as applicable: care delivery, payments, patient engagement, talent, drug discovery, regulation, gamification, and access to clinical research.
The final will be hosted on October, 17th 2017. The finalists will be offered the possibility to win a, full expenses paid, trip to Exponential Medicine and show there product or service in the iLab zone. Moreover, the winner will pitch for the participants of the VvAA trip in January 2018. Lastly, the winner will also receive a ‘golden ticket’ for the top 50 application of Rockstart Digital Health Accelerator program.
The challenge will consist of three phases:
- Phase 1: Applications - The application period is from August 30st to October 3nd, and interested startups will submit a 2-page memo answering specific questions asked by the planning team.
- Phase 2: Selection of the finalists - Based on the applications, the top 5 start-ups will be selected by a jury that includes high-level representatives from Singularity University, Deloitte, STZ and the VvAA. The top 5 finalists will be announced on October 9th by email.
- Phase 3: Final Pitch Day - On October 17th the top 6 finalists will give 5 minute pitches during an exclusive dinner for frontiers in digital health. There will be a jury that consist out of the following people:
- Mariya Filipova: Mariya is a leader within the Deloitte US Consulting Innovations’ Healthcare Team where she advises providers, health plans, policy makers, and investors on how to capitalize on exponential opportunities. She focuses on how disruptive technologies, processes and business models shape product development, care delivery, research, and education.– Confirmed
- Rob Peters: As a founder of Assuring Medical Apps and co-founder of Digital Health Compliance, Rob Peters is an example of an enabler within the healthcare sector to provide trust in disruptive healthcare technologies. With his experience of a certified public accountant, Rob has developed an understandable and helpful framework and monitoring solution to provide trust over the topics of security, privacy, and CE-mark and usability within healthcare applications – Confirmed
- Oscar Kneppens: Rockstart Founder Oscar Kneppers is considered a successful serial entrepreneur and a celebrated internet publisher, launching several cross-media brands since 1998 –all focused on new media and technology. After selling his media businesses in 2002 and 2008, Oscar founded Rockstart in 2011.
- Marco Seldentuis: He is an experienced Innovation Advisor with a demonstrated history of working in different segments and roles within the Healthcare industry. The last years his focus was on change and transition processes within different healthcare organizations. Here he found his interests for the overlap between healthcare, ICT, eHealth and Healthcare technologies and started working for an innovative eHealth company as an Innovation Advisor. Marco Seldentuis recently found a different challenge at VvAA as Advisor Innovation & eHealth. There was an opportunity to build and implement Innovation and eHealth consultancy. A challenge he couldn’t deny. - Confirmed
- More to be confirmed...
We are looking for you if you meet the criteria and are available to join us in our trip to Exponential Medicine in November 2017. A major event where the future of Healthcare will be shaped. You can be part of this.
Please be sure that you include all the “enter criteria” in your application form.
For more information about the challenge or selection process, please contact us by email: SUchallenge@deloitte.nl