The next chapter for Corporate Venture Capital in the Netherlands Bookmark has been added
The next chapter for Corporate Venture Capital in the Netherlands
"Future-proof" the Netherlands
An increasing number of large enterprises employ Corporate Venture Capital (“CVC”) activities to explore emerging ecosystems, to learn from new technologies and business models, and to support collaboration with startups. CVC is not only an alternative for startups to raise venture capital, it also provides an opportunity to cement business partnerships.
Corporate Venture Capital
As we believe CVC is pivotal to accelerate the Dutch startup ecosystem, StartupDelta and Deloitte initiated research on the state of CVC in the Netherlands. We conducted a qualitative analysis through interviews and a round table discussion with Dutch CVC managers. In addition, we performed a data driven analysis on 20 selected CVC Funds, which are headquartered in the Netherlands and which have made minority investments in startups with a strategic angle for the parent company.
This report consists of three-parts:
- The first part provides perspective on the growing importance of Corporate Venture Capital to build the businesses of tomorrow.
- The second part includes our assessment of the status of CVC in the Netherlands through three lenses;
- A global perspective on CVC and compare this with the Netherlands.
- A look at the Dutch startup ecosystem.
- An overview of the corporate portfolio of the main CVC funds in the
- We conclude our report with an outlook on the future of CVC. We introduce the Deloitte Collaboration Framework followed by a number of observations and recommendations for business leaders in the Netherlands to step up the game in Corporate Venture Capital.
Interested to find out more? Download the report.
For more information about The next chapter for Corporate Venture Capital in the Netherlands, please contact Daan Witteveen or Elise Lufting via the contact details below.